Chapter 12

Chapter name: a plan is needed!
———————-
—————
———
—-
-

"Thanks for walking me back, Megumi." You smiled at your friend and he shrugged it off. After talking with Itadori you laughed off his sudden promise to protect you. It was a sweet promise that was supposed to be like thick honey, but instead it felt like the honey drowned you while honey combs poked at your heart. Itadori probably just wanted to protect you out of his own good hearted morals. But just be reminded of that fact you were in danger twenty four-seven was just unsettling. You truly tried to hide the thoughts and the sickening turn in your stomach when pushed in these situations. But you couldn't help it—the thought lingered in your head like a broken tune. Not to mention you were still shocked about the information you had heard.

"Itadori seems really sweet. I was shocked to know that he was our age." You start up a topic as you continue your walk with Megumi back to the palace kitchen. While you were supposed to meet up with Sukuna first, you decided to already have a few meals for him ready. Y'know, just in case he decided to be a bitch about things. "Yup. He has a tendency to draw others towards him." Megumi spoke as if stating a fact from a presentation. "I see you have personal experience," you say and Megumi seemed hesitant to admit it at first. It was clear he gave up on hiding it as his facial expressions relaxed. "Yeah. It's just sometimes he shines a bit too brightly." His normal low voice became even lower as his head hung low.

Awh! You were tried of Megumi always doubting himself! With an annoyed huff you grabbed his face with your hands and looked him in the eyes. Megumi's eyes widened slightly from shock as he stared at you. "Enough of this mopey shit! C'mon, Megumi! Sure, you might seem like a downer or classic loner type kid," you began, but it was clear by Megumi's brows furrowing that he was getting slightly annoyed at your antics. You chuckled but continued on; "but you've always shined bright. You help out so many people in the village! You trained me in secret even when it was against the rules. Besides, you're a true ladies man~! Don't think I haven't seen all those confessions you've gotten from those people beforehand~!" You said mischievously and Megumi placed his hands on your wrists; removing your hands from his face.

"Do you ever shut up?" He huffed and you smiled and shook your head. "Oh! I didn't even realize we made it to the kitchen! Thanks again, Megumi!" You smiled brightly and walked off.

Megumi watched your frame vanish as you entered the building. He gazed down at the floor, his pretty eyelashes covering his eyes. His fist were clenched as he pondered what to do next.

"It's not like I care about those confessions. It's not from the person I want..."

——★︎✰︎★︎———

After cooking a meal for Sukuna, you stood in front of his throne. "I'm back. I've also made you a few dishes." You smiled and he hummed. "What? Are you a mind reader?" He leaned down, one of his eyes closed as he gave a large smile and looked at you, his left hand resting against his face, "I was actually craving something."

'For some odd reason, I'm actually content with hearing that'

For some weird reason it made you a bit happy to hear you did something that Sukuna secretly wanted. Strange how the mind and emotions work, isn't it?

"But whose to say I was craving that type of food?" Sukuna questioned as he gave a smug grin and leaned back in his throne. You were still smiling, tilting your head to the side: "hm?" Sukuna stood up and began to approach you. As his form approached; you could see that his outfit was a bit different from when you last saw him. He no long wore his scarf, and his robe like outfit was slightly open at the top. This exposed the middle of his chest, his collarbones, and his higher up abs. You hated to admit this again—

You truly did.

But he was attractive.

Maybe if you were fond of him, you'd actually be able to fall for this man. But you weren't. Deep in your mind you were his prisoner who begged for someone to help you. Eh—nah, doesn't sound cool enough. You and him were arch enemies, and you fought ferociously everyday for your freedom. Hell yeah! That sounds better.

Once you were out of your thoughts, you saw that Sukuna was standing in front of you. It was a foolish question to ask; but the words left your mouth anyways: "what are you craving then?" Your heart was beating heavily in your chest for some sick disgusting reason. While that was happening, you tried your best not to stare at his semi exposed chest.

He placed his large hand on your shoulder, his fit form leaning down.

'No, no. What's happening?'

"What if I was craving you?" He questioned with a smirk that was fit for a cruel ruler.

'Why is my heart beating like this?'

Sukuna began to lean towards you, but you quickly turned your head to the side. Sukuna deadpanned and quirked a brow. "Still refusing, hm?" You nodded without hesitation and he rolled his eyes before standing back up. "Don't get me wrong. I take what I want, whether others like it or not. But perhaps playing a game of cat and mouse could be fun." He began to laugh to himself as he walked past you. "Oh, and I'll be joining you on your trip back to the village." Sukuna mentioned and your eyes widened in fear as you quickly turned around, "what?! You can't-"

"Who are you to tell me what I can or can't do?" Sukuna questioned as he continued to walk forward without looking back. "I found out that you've been wanting to get to the village after the two day mark. So hurry and follow me. Once I'm done with the food we can leave."

Without wanting to listen to another word you had to say, he left.

"This bastard!" You grit your teeth in annoyance. No, no you couldn't be seen with him at the village. For some reason just the mere idea of walking side by side with him to the village irked your nerves! Wether it'd be because people would have fear in their eyes when seeing him—when seeing you along with him while he basked in it—or just plainly because he'd cause a reck and you just don't wanna he seen with him!

Besides, how dare he have the audacity to walk down there with you and scare the village's people? You had to think of a plan, and had to think of one quick.

But in the mean time, it was best to quickly follow after him.
———————

No behind the scenes today.

..

I'm just feelin' extra lazy today, yk?