Chapter 13

Chapter name: frustrations at best
—————————
——————
————
——

"Why are you doing this to me?"

"I'm doing this because I want to."

"I feel like you're just toying with me though," you frowned at the curse who walked next to you. Originally Megumi was supposed to take you back to the village. But of course, sukuna decided to come along just to spite you and cause terror in the village. "Can I at least walk away from you?" You begged as if you were a twelve year old child who felt too ashamed to walk with their parents at the store. "Are you afraid I'll create a scene?" His hand went to his chin as he seemed to be in deep thought for a good couple of seconds. "It's not just that. I feel like you're coming here just to—" you went quiet, biting your tongue. You knew better than to insult and cuss at this brute man. After taking a deep breath you spoke once more: "I just thought you'd like to make fun of me while I'm there. Also those people in the village are people I care about. I don't want them running around trying to hide from you."

Sukuna chuckled at your explanation. "Humans can be so sensitive, hm? Well, either way you're not necessarily wrong. I'm only coming here to strike fear into the village and to make sure things are going smoothly." You clicked your tongue in annoyance before looking at the ground. He was the reason people had to hide their wives and kids so no one would get killed or eaten when he came by. Though you've never seen Sukuna up until now—you heard from the men in your village that he was big and had an intimidating aura.

Which—well, is correct.

You were close to the village. A smile spread on your face once you realized you could run into your families arms again. But the sudden rumbling of your stomach caught your attention. You haven't ate all day, and you felt famished. It was a good thing Mei and Akria had packed you a mini brown bag that hung around your hip. You opened the thin flap that covered the top and peered into the bag.

Inside was an apple, pen and paper, a scroll, and—

A large white cloth?

Your eyes widened upon realizing what this cloth was for.

——

"You seem rather down!" Mei frowned as she packed the bag for you. Even though you told the two girls you could do it yourself, they insisted and wouldn't even let you near the bag.

"It's just after Sukuna is done doing whatever he's doing, he's going to my village with me." You mumbled with a weak smile, crossing your arms on the table and gazing down. "You don't want him to be in the village?" Akria questioned as she sat on the chair, kicking her legs back and forth. "Bingo," you sighed, "not only that, but he'll scare everyone away. I know I can't change his crude way of thinking and his evilness, but I just want him to see how the village functions without fear of him." You explained and laid your head on your arms. "Maybe if I had something to help me hide not only myself but sukuna, then I'd be fine with it." Both girls looked at each other, soon nodding.

—-

Ugh! They were angels!

While you knew this wasn't going to be much help, it was cute that they tried. Well—maybe you could make this work? You stood in front of the village, the welcoming smell of baked goods and a sign that said "LightLoft" greeted you.

"Haven't been to this village since ₳ⱠⱠ ₮Ⱨ₳₮ ₮ł₥Ɇ ₳₲Ø," sukuna mentioned and you turned to give him a confused stare. "Actually-! Hey! Come here!" You say while mustering the best smile you could. Sukuna quirked a brow as he looked down on you, your hands reaching to tug on his muscular arm.

Oh sugar honey ice tea.

His arms felt so nice—you could even see his veins that trailed down. No! But now wasn't the time! You quickly brushed the thought away. Trying to tug him down to your level was...well, a major failure. He didn't budge at all. Sukuna simply stared at you. You felt your cheeks burn from the embarrassment. Removing your hands from his arm, you grabbed the cloth and pulled it out of your bag. "You know, while I may not be super fond of you, I don't want you to be hot out here. You have provided me with a place to stay and food to eat! So here, allow me to shade the sun from you~!" With a cunning smile you stepped next to him.

"But in order to do that, I need you to bend down just a bit."

The plan in your head was perfect—well, no, far from it actually. You were going to cover sukuna with the cloth. By making him bend down, it'd be harder for others to see his face! And if anyone gets too close, you'd drop the cloth on him!

...

Okay, sure, the plan was horrible. But you were desperate at this point. Actually—why were you still even trying?!

"Well? Come on!" You gave a nervous smile as you waited for sukuna to respond. But instead he grabbed the cloth and stared at it. His left arm then wrapped itself around your waist, pulling you closely into him. His grip was so strong that it was impossible to break free. Him doing this automatically caused you to place your hand on his chest for support. "Sukuna-?" You questioned as you looked at him, only for him to speak: "You don't need to hide the fact that you don't want to be seen with me; or let alone have these mere humans see me as well. I would go along with this pitiful plan since it would be entertaining, but I have certain features you can't necessarily hide."

He made perfect sense. Sadly.

"Tuna!"

The sound of a friend's voice caused you to panic terribly as you took the cloth and threw it over Sukuna's face. You tried to break out of his grasp—but he seemed to tighten it as if he was annoyed. "My bones..! My bones.!" You gasped out; for he was squeezing way too hard. Well, not like he'd care if you died anyways.

"Pfft— hey inumaki!" You smiled at your white-haired friend as he walked over to you. "Rice ball?" The closer he got the sooner you could see confusion fill his eyes. He pointed to the large man that held you tightly. "It's uhm, a body guard. Yeah." You smiled and Inumaki seemed suspicious at first, but brushed it off.

"Bonito flakes."

"Hm? Yeah, Im back and I'm safe! I'll meet up with you later~ tell Nobara I said hi~!" You went to shoo the man away. Inumaki seemed worried and confused, but non the less, he shrugged it off and walked away. You noticed a bag that was latched onto his back; he was most likely getting materials outside of the village for Nobara's natural hair supplements and oils for her customers.

Sighing in relief, you turned your head over to sukuna who pulled the cover off. "See? He didn't even suspect you!" You let out a forced laugh as you tried to hold in the fear that began to eat you up. You could tell he felt annoyed just by the way he eyed you.

"Heh...you uh, you hungry?"
———————-
[behind the scenes!]

"Wheres (y/n)?" Megumi asked as he walked up to mei and akira. "She's off to LightLoft with Sukuna," mei answers. Megumi huffed in annoyance before placing a hand behind his head. "She told me that I was going to be the one to accompany her."

"Hm~ well first off, your wounds aren't fully healed. And secondly, sukuna forced Y/n to bring him along." Akria says and Mei nudged her in the arm, "sukuna didn't force her! He just said he was going to tag along wether she liked it or not!" Akria stuck out her tongue and furred her brows before turning back to Megumi;

Only to see that he was no longer standing there.

"Did he run after them? What for? There's nothing he can do." Akria mumbled and Mei chuckled, "he's just some loverboy. I only thought boys our age acted like that! I guess not!" She smiled brightly before akira frowned. "(Y/n) is so lucky. I wish I could have Megumi love me!"
—————-

Cherry blossoms are really pretty.