Chapter 44

Chapter name: A break in heaven
———————-
—————
——-

"Does my hair look alright?" You asked Mei and she gave you a thumbs up. "Yeah! You look great as usual!"

Today you were going to visit your family and friends in the village. Sukuna was going to join you along with Itadori and the girls. Originally it was only you who was going to go—but Itadori and the girls insisted they come along too. They never really had a change to explore the village and they've been bored recently; so it was like a small vacation for them. Sukuna on the other hand...

He really just does whatever.

Once again, you tried to stop him from coming along but he only hit you with the classic: "what? Is there something wrong with me going? Don't tell me you have a secret lover?"

While you knew he was joking, you ended up succumbing to his mocking ways. The poor people of the village will be terrified upon seeing Sukuna again.

"I'm ready!" Itadori yelled as he slid your door open and walked inside. "Remember! Just because this is a trip doesn't mean we can lower our guard! Protect (Y/n) at all costs!" Mei said with a stern voice, Itadori and Akira pumping their fists in the air and agreeing.

"Guys...I'll be fine..." you weakly mumble upon seeing the three get pumped up over something so stupid.

——☆︎★︎☆︎——

It didn't take long for you all to reach the village. And by long, you mean a good thirty to forty minutes. "People of the village seem to be thriving well." Sukuna would mention as he stood by your side. He watched some guys pull wooden logs to the side and a woman with an axe chop it up. They were all enjoying themselves until spotting Sukuna. Didn't take them long to run away in fear. You could already feel him getting excited over seeing people cower upon seeing him. Talk about a sadist. If you didn't care for your life or body, you would've rolled your eyes at him.

Doesn't mean you didn't roll your eyes in secret though.

"Well...I'm going to go stop by to see my family. Alright?" You smiled at Sukuna, Itadori, and the girls. This was your way of saying: 'alright! Off I go! Have fun you guys!' With that, you turned to walk inside. Not even eight steps later and you realized they were following you. Did they not get the message? You turned back around, they all had straight faces. "...okay...I'm off now...go have fun."

They all tilted their heads in confusion. Did they really intend to follow you around?

...

Honestly, you'd like that more than them causing terror in the village.

"...Alright, let's go." You sighed out and began walking again.

The people of the village were surprised to see you. Some still cowered away at the sights of Sukuna. Others smiled and waved at you with bright smiles. Shoot, you could've sworn you saw some teenage village girls fangirling in the corner. It was odd how things changed. Last time you came here, people stared at you with pity. Surprised that your life wasn't taken away by the tall curse who walked with you. The air felt light. It was no longer suffocating and heavy. "Whoa, it's like everyone is staring at us with respect and fear. Is (Y/n) powerful in her village?" Akira would whisper to Mei, the girl with black hair shaking her head. "We're from the palace. Considering Sukuna reins terror amongst other villages and towns, it's not shocking to see everyone act this way."

Honestly it felt like you were a celebrity. No one stood in your way as you walked to your destination. People stayed by their homes or shops, staring with shocked eyes.