Chapter 38

Chapter name: Acceptance is key
——————————
——————-
————
——

"Soo- you and Sukuna?"

You almost choked at the sudden question asked by Itadori. You knew he was eavesdropping, but why'd he have to make that fact so obvious?

"Well. I am his offering." You'd say, looking at Itadori. His hands were behind his head as he walked, his bottom lip out as he seemed to be thinking hard about something. "Well- yeah, but when you first got here, seemed like you had a romance life with- ah, well, someone else." Itadori then got quiet and you quickly realized he was referring to Megumi. "...Anyways, you two seem rather close!" As if nothing troubled him in the first place, he used his elbow to nudge you in the arm. A cheeky smile was on his face and you rolled your eyes with a smile of your own at his antics. "I like to think we're close, too. Our relationship is pretty complicated." Itadori hummed at your response. He placed his hand on his chin and used his left arm as a holder, "I mean yeah. But doesn't he like you? And you like him too?"

Ah. Did Sukuna like you? He's never really uttered words similar to that before. He just does whatever he feels like and gets touchy touchy at times. "Well-!" You start, frustrated by your own thoughts, "I actually just confessed to him! So-!" You hastily turn around, only to see Itadori covering his mouth again with an amused looked, "Ooo~ someone's proud." You felt your face warm up from embarrassment at his words. You threw up your hands and began to explain your poor reasoning; "yeah! It's not everyday you see a village girl confess to someone they can't have on the normal-!"

"...Don't village girls do that all the time?"

Sugar honey ice tea.

He was right.

You fell to your knees: defeated, hands on the ground. "I...Ive become one of them." It seemed like your soul had left your body as you began to really think over your actions.

The sound of Itadori laughing caused you to feel more shame until he reached his hand out to you. "Man, I needed a good laugh." He'd say, a soft smile that still seemed so bright on his features. You stared at him for a few seconds, imprinting the scene into your head before putting your hand in his. He was cute. His hands felt rough and seemed to be decorated with different scars. They reminded you of Megumi's hands, but different. Itadori's hands were more stubby, while Megumi always had pale, long slender fingers. You remembered the days where Megumi would see you down. Knowing he was bad at affection, he'd either get something you like and mysteriously leave it at your window, or awkwardly hold your hand and give it a gentle squeeze. Of course, he always shifted his hand in yours, trying to make the most comfortable and accurate position. A smile made its way to your face remembering those memories.

"And I needed something to smile about...thank you." You looked at Itadori with your smile, him being confused, but soon giving a bright smile of his own.

——-★︎☆︎★︎———

"So this is Gojo's place? Looks...expensive." You'd start, admiring the place's structure. You stood inside the place where Gojo stayed currently. The walls were grey and a rich light blue, two pillars in the front. Beautiful women with such differences walked around in lavish outfits.

"This must be his harem he was talking about..." you stared in disbelief at all of the hot women he gathered in a single room. And they were all here...to thirst after that bastard gojo!?

"Amazing isn't it? You can be here too, I'll gladly accept you." A smooth voice spoke behind you, a large hand now on your shoulder. You flinched in fear before quickly turning around and being met with Gojo's calm smile. "Where did you-?!" You'd start, and he put his hands up. "That's not what matters! It's glad to see you survived the Mahito incident." Gojo would say, an interested expression on his face. His personality was similar to a white snake in winter's snow. Itadori's laid back expression soon turned stern upon hearing Gojo mention the incident. He clenched his fist before talking, "Gojo-sensei, I don't know why you put her in danger like that. If I didn't appear when I did...then..." he stared at the ground; obviously thinking deep about something. You chose to stay quiet and observe the conversation that was about to fall before you.