Chapter 27

Chapter name: How time moves on
—————————-
——————
———
——
-

"That seems difficult," you spoke as your elbows were resting against the golden table. You just made a meal for sukuna; watching him devour everything. Recently you've been spending more time with Sukuna. He's been more persistent on 'his personal chef needs to stay by his side'.

"It's not. That pesky blue eyed freak might be an issue though." Sukuna answered before taking a bite out of a meat bun. Blue eyed freak? While you agreed Gojo was a bit strange, sukuna has no right calling anyone a freak other than himself. "I know that Gojo monitors you...but how come he's trying to help you gain all the memory tree gems?" What? You were really curious about everything!

"After all twenty gems are consumed by that pink hair brat, then they have leverage over me and can kill me. Since I'm in a weakened state, there's nothing I can do other than wait and see what they come up with. After all twenty gems are consumed, I'll be strong enough to take over anything. That's one decent factor I suppose." Sukuna finished the last food item before twirling the plate and pushing it away, "this situation only started a three years ago. They still have a long time to go before they can gain them all. Besides..." a cocky grin made its way to his face, "ł ĐØɄ฿₮ ₮Ⱨ₳₮ ₮ⱧɆɎ'ⱠⱠ ɆVɆⱤ ₣ł₦Đ ₮ⱧɆ Ⱡ₳₴₮ Ø₦Ɇ."

'The last gem? Did he hide it somewhere?'

You shook off the thought before standing up. Sukuna watched you with a bored expression on his face. Usually this expression was dangerous as Itadori had explained to you beforehand. He normally had this expression at times but nothing bad has happened? Either way, you didn't want to risk anything. "Is there something you need before I leave?" You asked the prude curse who still sat in the chair before you. "You're always so calm now days. What happened to the fear that used to be shown in your eyes?" He'd question as he waved his hand back, seemingly remembering fond memories. This curse..! You felt like chewing him out. One day his hands are all over you, and the next day he's treating you like a toy. You really were a fool to fall for this man. Gah- you don't even want to assume that you've fully fallen for him. For now you'll just proclaim your feelings as an interest for now.

"Don't get me wrong," you started, "I'm still afraid of you." Sukuna quirked a brow upon hearing this as his arms rested on the back of the chair. "But I fear bigger things than you just killing me." You stated calmly before walking away; and leaving sukuna who just sat there and watched you leave.

————☆︎★︎☆︎————

Normally you stay behind to help clean up with Mei, but Gojo had requested to see you. You felt iffy about meeting up with him alone, but you could take care of yourself and you doubt he would do anything brash.

'I wonder how akira is doing.'

Your mind couldn't help but wonder as you walked down the concrete path. Every since Megumi's death, you haven't seen her. Knowing her crush on the man, she's probably devastated. Your thoughts were interrupted upon seeing Gojo wave at you. Bandages covered his eyes and he wore a blue and black ocean kimono for men. "Nice to see such a beauty," he'd compliment and you hummed. "Nice to see such a pretty boy attempt to flatter someone. Anyways, why did you need me?" You questioned and Gojo smiled widely, "you really shouldn't tempt me. I always like my lovers with a feisty side." He would start but spoke before you could, "I'm sure your curious about something."

"No. I will not join your harem." You deadpanned and Gojo shook his head with his casual large smile. "That's not what I was going to ask—at least not right now—it's just I'm sure your curious about some things around here. How about we help each other out?" He took a step closer and you furrowed your brows. Should you even be trusting this man? And what the hell was he talking about? You knew he was had some higher position in this entire ideal—but he seemed so sketchy. "Depends on what you're curious about."

Gojo then leaned in close. In fact, he leaned in too close and was in front of your face. "You. Isn't it odd how he hasn't killed you yet? I hope you don't think it's because he's romantically into you?" Somehow you felt the burning passion to push him away and stand up for yourself. But you were curious on where he was taking this. "There must be something special about you," he'd place his hand on your shoulder before using his other to drag the right side of his bandages up slightly; exposing his right eye. It was like you were staring into the glass-like sky. "And I just need to find out what it is." His eye looked you up and down before he placed his bandage down and backing away from you with a smile. "In return, I'll sneak you down to have a little chat with Mahito. And yes—I know about it. I know about most things. I am the strongest, after all."

All you could do was stare. So much just happened that it took some time to process it. You did want answers from mahito since sukuna wouldn't allow you down into the cells. Perhaps you may heavily regret this choice in the future, but why not? Gosh, felt like you were making a deal with the devil himself. "Fine. What do you need to do?" You questioned and Gojo hummed, "spend time with me!" He smiled at his own 'amazing' suggestion with his index finger pointing towards the sky.

'...what is this man on? I might need some of it...'

"Gojo if all that was some lame excuse to-" you couldn't even finish your sentence before his hand was grasping your face tightly. You were alarmed and placed both of your hands on his wrist trying to pry his hand off, but he just stood there before letting out a small laugh. "I'm a man of my word. Just spend some time with me for the next two days. Around this time, come meet up with me. Tomorrow I'll take you to mahito." He then yanked you closer to him, "so relax." He let go before placing his hands in his pockets—wait? His kimono has pockets?!?

"Let's start tomorrow, alright?"

————————————————

[behind the scenes]

"Akria..." mei lifted a hand towards the younger girl. "I told you I'm unaffected. People die. People live. That's life." She quickly responded statically.

"No! You're wrong! You were just super happy! Giggling away with (y/n)! Fangirling over Megumi! It's okay to show you're hurt-"

Akria then threw a sharp knife at Mei. Mei's eyes widened as she used her dagger to block the knife; redirecting it to the wall. The young girl pushed her golden hair back as her lavender eyes glared harshly; "don't talk to me about the past as if I'm clueless. Did you forget this is the present and that was the past? Things happen, Mei. Who knows? Maybe tomorrow's you won't be the same person you are now." Akira turned to walk away but Mei took another step forward. "Life has a lot in store for you! Goodness sakes, you're only 12! Open your eyes! There's so much more for you outside of the little bubble you experience right now!"

"You can't change the way I feel." She spoke with venom laced in her throat, "I'm not even upset. My mother left me and now him. Who cares? It's apart of life." Akria finally opened the door before walking out.

"Akira! You're a fool if you keep thinking like that." Mei yelled and all Akira could do was stop and stare at the now closed door.

——————

Boop