Chapter Five

I sat down on the piano bench after double checking to make sure the door was locked.

I played through the piece until I could do it with no mistakes, so about 3 hours of playing.

Once I had played it a third time through without messing up I heard Fabio call us to dinner. I slid the papers into the bench that was also a drawer and left the room without being spotted again.

"Hey," I say as I take my normal seat.

Fabio, Zeno and Gino greet me back and the rest aren't around.

"Where are the others?" I ask them.

"Doing homework still," Zeno says.

"Oh," I say.

"We have something for you from Dad," Zeno smiles at me.

I look at what he hands me and it's a fucking iPhone.

"I already have one," I say taking out my phone.

"This one has all of our numbers in it and it give you an American number," Zeno explains to me.

"But I don't deserve any gifts from you guys. I've been shit to you especially you Ginny," I say motioning to him.

"It's fine. We haven't been great to you either," Fabio smiles at me.

"Um thanks I guess," I say taking the new phone from Zeno.

I'll definitely pay Ezio back, but I can tell that they won't let me go anywhere after dinner until I take it. I look at the box to see that it's the latest model. Predictable. I opened up the box to set it up, but once I hit the home it turns on.

"Gino set it up for you," Zeno explains to me.

"Oh um, merci," (thank you) I say.

"No problem," he shrugs it off.

After another minute Fabio calls to them again and then they come into the room dragging their feet.

"Hello," they simultaneously say.

Once they sat down the maid who's name I still don't know brought in the food.

———-

I helped bring the dishes to the sink once again as I was rinsing them I heard footsteps come behind me once again.

"What Alessio?" I ask without facing him.

"Can we please make a tiktok?" He asks once again.

"No," I sigh getting a tad annoyed.

Once I rinsed the dishes I snuck back into the music room and locked the door again.

I sat at the piano after getting the music from the bench and started playing, but this time I was going to sing along.

I started singing and playing softly until I got to the pre chorus where I crescendo into forte for the chorus.

"And here it is, our final night alive
And as the earth runs to the ground

Oh girl, it's you that I lie with
As the atom bomb locks in
Oh, it's FUCK," I say after I almost nailed the chorus.

I started over again from the top.

I sing with as much power I can muster from my diaphragm.

I continue to sing and do the runs with ease until I physically can't anymore.

I hid my sheet music in the bench again and go to leave.

I turn the handle with ease... I locked it? Maybe I didn't. I have a great memory though.