Chapter Seven

It was now gym class and my brothers were leaving me a good distance from them. They are probably staying away from me because I embarrassed them and myself in the lunch room.

I started to do laps and caught up with Jasmine and Austin who were running near each other, but not with each other.

Once I slightly passed Austin he saw me and starting running beside me until we were next to Jasmine.

"Where did you go at lunch?" Austin asked me.

"I had to get away from people," I answered vaguely. "I was pretty embarrassed."

"I thought it was hot how you talked to them," Jasmine winks at me.

I weakly smile at her, "Thanks."

"I've never seen anyone talk to them like that without getting beat up," Austin admits.

"Those dickheads deserved it," I roll my eyes.

———

I made my way outside and to the tree I stayed at yesterday and waited for them.

They showed up and shooed everyone away again and I once again made my appearance.

Without saying anything I climbed in the backseat giving Dante a break from it being awkward.

"What are you doing?" He asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked out the window at the school.

"Get out," he said.

Is it really that awkward that he doesn't even want me in the car?

I got out of his car and start to head in the direction of the mansion.

"Where are you going?" He asks me.

"House."

"No get in the front seat," he tells me.

Oh god.

"So how was your day?" He asks me once I'm in the car.

Yep.

"Uh good," I say.

I feel even more embarrassed now.

"What did you do?" He asks.

"Ran away from four dickheads who embarrassed me in front of the school," I state emotionless.

"Austin is a bad influence," he sternly says.

"Okay," I say looking out the window.

Who said he would influence me? I sure as hell didn't. Did you? You bitch.

As soon as we got home I bolted out of the car and into the house trying to avoid others because I'm sure word spread fast.

I ran upstairs and started on my homework that I got done in 20 minutes, but decided to finish the book for English class today so I could focus on music.

Before I started on reading the book I changed into sweatpants and a hoodie.

I flipped through the pages very quickly. I can read a page quickly. I read 10 times faster than the average human for some reason. It's just natural to me. As I was flipping through the pages I heard my door open. With out turning around or breaking away from the book I knew who it was.

"What's up Zeno?" I ask him.

"How did you know it was me?" He asked.

"Lucky guess," it wasn't lucky I knew because I could recognize his footsteps.