Chapter Fifty Eight

"They aren't running, do you still have anything metal on you?" Zeno asked me.

I take my gun from my leg strap and make sure the safety is on before throwing it to him.

He catches it then goes to take the x-rays again.

"We need to get these developed, but for now I need to run other tests on you and get you hooked up to an IV," Zeno sighs.

They help me off the x-ray table and back into the wheel chair.

A nurse directs Zeno to a room where they help me into the hospital bed and run simple tests on me after putting in an IV.

"These drugs might make you a little loopy, but it'll help for when we need to put your leg back in place along with the numbing shot," the nurse tells me.

"I'll be back with the x-rays," Zeno says.

Fabio handed me my phone and I scrolled through tiktok for about half an hour.

Zeno rushed back into the room with two other doctors and they went over the x-ray with me and Fabio.

"It's broken in two different places, but also shattered from here," he said as he point to the first break, "To here."

"So about two inches are shattered, which mean you'll need surgery in a couple weeks, or so," Zeno tells me.

"What can we do for now?" I ask him.

"We are gonna get it back into place where it's making the 90 degree angle, then we will give you a cast that goes to about your knee, maybe a bit higher so that the weight can kind of rest on the joint. Then we'll get you a wheel chair and get you just some ibuprofen from the pharmacy downstairs, after that you should be good to go home," Zeno tells me.

"Great let's get started," I say.

"Why a wheel chair? Why not crutches?" Fabio asks.

"It'll help it heal a bit better and keep it more elevated sometimes instead of having the weight constantly on that one leg," Zeno tells him. "A week or two after the surgery you should be able to use crutches."

Fabio nodded in understanding and Zeno gave me a numbing shot in my thigh for when they put my leg back into place.

I looked through Reddit as they put my leg back in place and put the first couple layers of the cast on my leg.

"What color?" Zeno asks me as he shows me all the different colors.

"Light gray," I tell him.

I gave my phone back to Fabio once it was time to get in the wheel chair.

They helped me in it and put a thing up that will hold my leg in front of me since they casted above my knee.

"Wheelie," I say as I pop one and rock back and fourth to keep my balance.

"No," Fabio chuckled as he grabs the handles of the wheel chair and push me out of the room.

We followed Zeno down to the pharmacy and bought ibuprofen.

"I'm clocking out since it's already 1 o'clock," Zeno tells us.

"Alright, see you at home," Fabio sighed.

"I'll be there to take the blame with you," Zeno sighs as well.

We make it to Fabio's car and I stand on my good leg and get into the passengers seat while Fabio folds the wheel chair in the back seat.

"A full day out and I only got two injuries... seems like a win," I tell him.

"You got shot and shattered your leg," Fabio tells me.