Chapter Seventeen

"When were you gonna stop being a bitch?" I ask him.

"Literally how was I supposed to know that's how it's spelled?" Austin shot back.

"Did you know?" I turned to Jasmine.

"Nope. Are we sure it's not t-w-e-l-v-t-h?" She asked.

"Google says it's spelt with an f," I sigh.

"You're supposed to be the smart one," Austin points out.

"Listen here dickhead. I wrote my whole essay spelling that word wrong," I slouched into the my seat at our lunch table.

"Why couldn't you just use numbers?" Jasmine asked me.

"It's not 'proper'," I roll my eyes.

"Says the teacher that literally took the clock off the wall because she doesn't believe in time," Jasmine said.

"I know. I was late today and she asked me why and I said, "I don't believe in time either" SHE LOST HER SHIT," I yell the last part a bit too loud.

I logged back into the computer the school provides and quickly changed all my mistakes.

"What's your essay on anyway?" Austin asked me.

"A book," I shrug.

"What book?" He asked me.

"I don't know I didn't read it," I say.

"How did you not read a book, but wrote an essay on it?" He asked me.

I shrugged again in return.

"Here Belle," Elmo said to me.

I didn't even realize that my brothers entered the school lunch room.

I looked over at him and saw that his arm was extended and he was handing me back my phone.

"Dad says you're ungrounded," he told me.

"Okay," I nod.

I took my phone from him as Jessie walked by and snatched it from my hands.

"Hello Beautiful," he said as he planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Hi," I smiled at him.

Elmo looked between us and his eyes darkened a bit with anger.

"Anything else you need?" I asked him.

"I uh, broke up with Britney," he told me.

"Why? I thought you liked her," I asked.

"It's complicated," he said then walked away after glaring at Jessie who was sitting on the opposite side of me then Austin.

I looked over at Jessie and saw that he was playing a game on my phone so I let him be.

"Ton frère est sexy," (Your brother is hot) Jessie told me which caused me to nudge him in the side.

"Tais-toi," (shut up) I rolled my eyes.

"It's the truth," he shrugged.

"Fuck you," I gagged.

"I have a tea for you in my bag," he told me.

I reached into his bag and grabbed my tea immediately then turned back to Jasmine and Austin while Jessie played on my phone.

"Why the sudden change in you being grounded?" Jasmine asked.

"Some of the truth came out and they actually listened to my side of things even though my brothers were the ones who had to say what happened," I explained.