Chapter Twenty One

The rest of the day yesterday was actually pretty chill we just had dinner and watched a movie. We also had cake and me and Alessio got presents.

All I'm gonna say about the presents I got was that they took me liking spongebob and rolled with it.

I understand they barley know me, but they kind of nailed it.

Now I was all alone because they had to go deal with mafia stuff or something and they didn't want to bring me.

This morning I decided to set up my laptop and now I'm sitting down at my desk with food in front of me.

I go to open my laptop when I get a FaceTime notification on it so I click it.

"Hey," Austin says.

"What's up and since when did all of us have a group chat together?" I ask no one in particular.

"Jessie made it just barely," Jasmine said.

"How did you get their numbers?" I ask Jessie.

"Stole them from your phone," he smiled.

"Alright. So why did whom ever call?" I sigh.

"Bored," they all said.

"Well, I'm eating," I tell them.

"What are you having?" Jessie asked trying to keep the conversation going.

"Toast sandwich," I smile.

"What? Did you mean toasted sandwich?" Jasmine asked.

"No. It's two pieces of bread with one piece of toasted bread in the middle," I tell them as I hold up my three slices of bread that were stacked on top of each other.

I wasn't actually gonna eat them like a sandwich I just really wanted bread and Ezio said they wouldn't be back until late tonight.

"I'm hanging up now," I tell them as I hit the end call button.

———

I was just scribbling on a piece of paper that I got from Ezio's printer when my old phone started ringing.

"Yellow," I say.

I would be the perfect white dad.

"Is this the silent assassin?" I heard Fabio ask.

"Romano's I've been expecting your call," I smile. "Good to know you went with the calling route rather than the kidnapping."

"How did you-" I could hear Elmo say from a distance.

"Is that Elmo Romano in the back? I should've figured. I mean you guys do everything together. You get tied up as a family. You hide secrets as a family. Picture perfect family. Speaking of that, Ezio, I heard of you daughter and had to take a look for myself to see if she was real. She is quite beautiful," I tease.

"Leave her alone. She has nothing to do with this," Ezio said.

"On the contrary. I heard that Mikhail is after her and a certain old family member is also after her," I say.

"How do you know all of this?" He asks.

"I know everything. Like how I know that I have another call coming from the Williams soon," I say.

"We need a meeting with you," Fabio cuts to the point.

"No," I say.

"It's important," he tells me.

"You see I have a problem with the way you said it because it was more of you telling me and not asking. Now if you want something that no one else has gotten (a meeting with me) I would hope you would ask... politely," I add on.