Chapter Six

I played the music at a normal sound because I knew they couldn't hear me in the music room. As I hit each note I felt les and less nervous about being in a stage and the seats are empty. I could never do this as a job.

Good thing I already have a job.

I continue to play the overly happy music that is my favorite piece to play on a piano because it makes the room fill with life and a better vibe in general.

I follow each dynamic that the sheet music would tell me to do if it were here, but it's not needed since it's already implanted itself into my head.

I smile the longer the song goes on while I don't miss a single note or beat in the song making it come out of the large instrument smoothly.

After the song is done I feel ver content with myself and now suddenly bored. I didn't really want to play more inside the school incase I were to get caught, so I laid down on the bench and just stared up at the ceiling.

This is even more boring.

My eyes followed the catwalk that is over the seats.

"I need to get up there," I say to myself.

I explore behind the stage more until I find what I'm looking for after 5 minutes.

It's a ladder that goes to the catwalk, but it's 7 feet off the ground.

I back up as much as I can to get a running start and jump up using the wall for an extra boost up.

With one hand I grabbed the ladder and got my other hand on the bottom rung of the ladder and pulled myself up to the next one.

"What are you doing?" I heard Austin ask from behind me.

"Exploring," I state as I pull myself quickly up some more until my legs could go on the bottom ones.

"Alright keep going," he said.

I kept climbing the ladder and to my surprise he joined me.

Once I reached the top I went to the middle of where the seat were below us and sat down resting my arm on the second line up from the sides and let my legs dangle the 60-75 feet in the air.

"You know we aren't supposed to be up here," Austin points out as he sits the same way I am.

"I don't care, do you?" I asked him and he shook his head no.

"What are you guys doing up there?" I heard Miss Sunshine yell to us.

"Um-" Austin starts.

"Let me," I whisper to him.

He nods his head and let's me talk.

"I was trying to look around for examples of a staff and saw that this railing had five line, so I suggested that we go up here. Austin told me not to and that I wasn't supposed to be in here, but I figured you shouldn't mind since it worked once we got up here," I yell to her.

She looks at me skeptically and then turns to Austin who looks like a deer caught in headlights and amazed that I was able to come up with a lie that quickly.

"Okay then. Austin what the middle line of a the treble clef?" She asks him eyeing both of us.

I look at him and move my arm with a fake cough just to be able to move it so she wouldn't be suspicious. After I coughed into my elbow I put my arms behind me to lean on them for support, but I took my arm closet to Austin and wrote a b on his back hoping he'll understand.

"Well?" She asked impatiently.

"B?" He says with a question.

She sighed then looked back at me, "Alright, sorry for doubting you."