Chapter 38

Siddharth's POV

I reached the hospital and went to my department. The nurse greeted me with a smile but I just gave a curt nod and went to my cabin.

Bhai and Maurvi had called up yesterday to ask me about the drive to Chandigarh.

I wanted her to help me so I told everything, well almost everything. She told me to be cool about it as she was sure, there was no one else in Shruti's life.

I decided that I would try to be cool about it. But would not spare him if he tries to go too close to her. I shook my head to leave those thoughts behind.

After about 10 minutes, Parth walked in and came towards me.

" Hey Sid, how are you?? I missed you a lot. " He said and embraced me.

" Fine !! "

" Oh god, why are you still so grumpy?? "

" Nothing !! I am not in a good mood. Sorry, you tell me. "

" I am as good as ever. But I will be better now, my best friend is back. Tell me what happened?? "

I wanted to get everything out of my chest, so I told him everything.

" This Kunal... I have to teach him a lesson. You know we played Holi with him with a plate of hot colourful food. I will tackle him, after all, he will assist one of our friends. "

" Maurvi, helped me clear the misunderstanding. Everything was going well, till he called up. I was so irritated that I wanted to smash everything around me. I have been in love with her for so long... How dare he say that he missed her. who gave him the right to miss her? "

" Yes, don't worry. We will do something. Let's go, we will be allotted the new interns today. Let's see, what happens..." He said and winked at me. My mood perked up a bit.

Parth has been my best friend since we got our admission here. He was a pathologist. A very hard-working doctor.

We all went to the Dean's office, where his assistant was waiting for all the young senior doctors. All the other doctors were also there. He took out name chits and placed them in a big bowl.

He told us to pick 3 chits each. I picked up three chits but Parth picked up 6 and discreetly opened three of them and passed two of them on to another doctor saying he picked up more by mistake.

Then he opened another chit discreetly and smiled. He gave it to me and took one from my hand and winked.

He saw the one, he took from me and put it back in the bowl saying he seemed to have picked more.

Idiot !! How many times was he going to use the same excuse? The assistant to Dean glared at Parth but Parth being Parth, gave his cute apologetic smile to him.

What was he doing?? Whose name was he looking for in the chit?? He winked at me and smiled again.

" Ok !! Please open the chits and write down the names of the interns against your names. ". Said the assistant.

I opened the chits and a smile came to my face as the chit which he passed on to me held the name which was also written on my heart. I looked at Parth and grinned.

He showed me his chits and one of the names made me grin even more. It was Kunal.

Yes !!! So my angry bird was going to be with me for the whole day, whether she liked it or not. And that idiot Kunal will have to handle my best friend.

All the best, Kunal.

We wrote the names on the register and had to go out.

" You know what??? You are awesome !!! " I said hugging him.