十九 mysterious one

❝ I HATE SCHOOLYURIKO HEAVE out a tired sigh while getting on her bike . on her way home , she caught the glimpse of Takemichi along with his four friends . they're getting beat up badly by someone in the street . she kiss her teeth and parked her bike nearby .

while the huge man is beating the shit out of the poor boys , Yuriko made her way towards them . "oi !"

the man stop and turn around . upon seeing the sudden arrival , Takemichi's eyes widen . "Y-Yuriko-san ? !"

"no. im just a ghost ."

"h-huh ??" the bruised up Akkun tilt his head . Yuriko heaves out a sigh of disappointment and swing a brick on the man’s head without even explaining anything .

their jaws dropped .

Yuriko passes Takuya a handkerchief , which he shyly take from her hand .

"stand up" she demanded and they quickly obey . "let's get out of here before somebody else came"

when she begin to walk away , the four boys except for Takemichi who is feeling rather skeptical of her , decide to follow .

"oi Takemichi , come on !"

he gulp , looking back and forth at the unconscious man on the ground but decided to just leave him like that .

". . . e-excuse me ?"

Yuriko raises an eyebrow , "yes ?"

"your name is Yuriko , right ?"

"thats me . and you guys are . . . ??"

"just call me Akkun !" the blushing Akkun say with his eyes twinkling in admiration .

"i am Yamamoto Takuya ." the one who's wiping the blood off of his face introduce himself as well .

“hmm.” Yuriko face display no hint of interest , much to the boy’s dismay . Takemichi jog after them while yelling ‘wait’ .

Yuriko halted on her steps and turn towards the time-leaper . “you‘re not hurt right , Takemichi ?”

that question kind of surprised him since he don’t know who she is . recalling back , he doubt that they both ever met before in the real past .

“h-huh ? im f-fine .”

“. . . your face look like shit though .”

Kazushi and Makoto snicker at that and Takemichi sheepishly rub the back of his neck .

“wanna get ice cream everyone ? my treat .”

❝ YOUR PARENTS MUST BE RICH huh , Yuriko-senpai ?❞  Kazushi ask as they all eat their ice creams

YOUR PARENTS MUST BE RICH huh , Yuriko-senpai ?❞  Kazushi ask as they all eat their ice creams . Yuriko didn’t reply , only shrugs .

“must be nice living a life like that .”

her eyebrows furrowed and she flick Akkun forehead , making him yelp . “it’s not that grand z actually . parents are always busy so they dont get to spend time with their children a lot . that’s why im mostly with my siblings .”

Takemichi who is listening carefully take note at that while Takuya shoot another question .

“you’re living with your parents right , senpai ?”

“no . dad is living in Malaysia”

“uhh– so you’re not from Japan then ?” Makoto question made his friends stop licking their ice cream . Yuriko sigh , “man , too much questions . .”

 “s-sorry”

Takemichi assume she is going to scold them at first , but instead her lips slowly curve into a small smile as she look up to the sky— as if there’s someone who is watching her .

“i was born and raised in this country , as for this life– but my dad decided to moved out because they think it is best for them .”

“o-ohh i see . . .”

“by the way , drop the senpai already !”

“but you are older than us—”

       "three years older .” she cut Kazuhi’s off . “still , senpai !”

“whatever . im going home now . the next time i see you guys , you better throw that hands like a pro . don’t dissapoint me .”

“y-yes !”

Yuriko settled down on her bike and speed away in an instant , without a care to put her helmet on first . that made the boys question if she value her life or not , but brush it off .

Takemichi’s first impression on Yuriko was rather . . . different . he always thought that Yuriko is the type to punch people out of nowhere but turns out , she need a brick to sent her opponets to sleep . overall , he felt that she’s kind and cool .

that day when he hang out with Mikey , Draken and Yuriko , he learnt something about them . he did enjoy the ride on a bicycle with Mikey ’though .

meanwhile Yuriko was riding the bicycle with Draken behind . miss girl nearly lead them inside the lake and it was the first time Draken screamed his throat out like a girl . Yuriko ended up laughing at him for the whole evening .

 ‘maybe just like Mikey-kun , she’s not that bad afterall . .’ Takemichi said to himself while smiling .

‘although you‘re very mysterious , Yuriko-san . . .’

’