三十二 strange & strength

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗨𝗡 𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗧 𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚 shadows on the ground . the slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky . Takemichi rub his swollen cheek and mutter few expletive words under his breath , “damn .  it still hurt .”

        the time leaper decided to take a walk to clear his mind and take some fresh air . the bruises on his body  that he got from Shiba Taiju still fresh as new ── even though they accidentally met and the unfortunate event happend two days ago .

         realizing that he has no idea where he’s going , he look around to find any clues only for his eyes to land on a familiar figure sitting silently on her motorcyle while eating ice cream . she seem to be spacing out to the fact that she didnt realize Takemichi’s presence . ‘what is she doing here all alone ?’

          due to curiousty and somewhat concern , Takemichi approach Yuriko . clearing his throat first before greeting her , “hi , Yuriko-san .”

         she instantly whip her head at his direction . seeing one of her favorite junior made her grin . “bro ! come sit down .”

         Takemichi obey and shyly thank Yuriko for offering him the ice cream . “umm . . what are you doing here all alone ?”

       “waiting for my brother after visiting Baji from the hospital . you ? what are you doing walking around here like a lost puppy ?”

       Takemichi scratch his head , “i was trying to clear my mind .”

       “must be a lot inside your mind right now , right ? and those wounds look painful . i heard what happend from Mikey .”

         “oh you did ?”

         Yuriko nod as she open the can of soda . “i did . i told Baji about it too . at first he laughed of course when i told him that you got beaten badly but the next second , he suddenly went feral when he realized how serious i was .”

       “ahaha . how caring .” Takemichi awkwardly laugh , swallowing the melting ice cream .

        the cold yet soothing wind blow pass them ── sending shiver right through the time leaper’s skull . Takemichi is ready to ask her many questions that have been building up inside of him ever since he got back from the future .

        “Yuriko-san ? may i ask ?”

        “go ahead .”

        “have you ever think about comitting suicide ?”

       that question made Yuriko frozen and speechless for few seconds while Takemichi observe her reaction ── even a bit of it . “Takemichi . .?”