六十七 the rain

WAS HE TOO LATE? OR was it the opposite? Manjiro didn’t know which one is worst ── Senju laying down on the road in a pool of blood, unconscious, or the fact that his comrades gradually fall right before his own eyes. his eyes averted elsewhere to meet a familiar pair; only for it to stare right into his soul .

“what is wrong with you?” he gritted his teeth while uttering those words with disdain. regardless, deep down Manjiro always have a soft spot for the said stranger, who was once his friend... if not, more than that.

although the situation seems intense, all Yuriko did was shrug nonchalantly. “i don’t even know what im doing . . i just wanted to get what i want.”

he let out a knowing breath as realization begin to eat the young Sano alive. “and what do you want?” but all he received as a response was a slight smile. it’s been so long ever since the blonde-haired saw her face, and he should’ve felt happy now that they’ve meet again. yet, he doesn’t. her nihilistic smile was never a sign of something close to good.

“i want everything. everything you and everything they have. the world took so much from me so why can’t i do the same?” she bluntly answer. Manjiro felt a lump inside his throat as his body trembles, he begin to question everything both him and Yuriko went through before this. were it just facades she put up for her hidden charade? or did someone push her to her limits until she decided to took the this path?

“i don’t want to fight you..”

“scared ?”

she almost let out a laugh when Manjiro charge toward her. since things are going as plans, she let this one error slide.

“MIKEY!! are you crazy?!” Draken who was watching intently, alongside the others yelled in a frightened tone. Keisuke bit his lips when his leader managed to land a punch on the woman’s face. nevertheless, Keisuke knew things were already messed up to the core so he cannot do anything in this situation.

hit after hit and numerous kicks that Yuriko managed to avoid, Manjiro movements finally slowed down due to his exhaustion. Yuriko admired his determine eyes, but it wasn't enough to stop her. “go, Mikey-Kun!!” Takemichi’s cheered for him at the back. Manjiro turned around and flashes his friend a small smile, alas, that was his biggest mistake.

Yuriko saw this as an opportunity and was quick to deliver a brutal kick at the side of his neck where his pulse is beating, and Manjiro swore he felt like he died for a moment. due to the severe impact, the Toman leader fell on one knee while holding the area of his neck.

“why are you kneeling? get up.”

Manjiro heard her taunt, but he didn’t move.  he was having a hard time catching his breath as pool of tears were starting to cloud his vision. it was painful and Manjiro couldn’t find himself to speak properly as before.