四十三 to my dearest ;

“𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗘𝗘 𝗠𝗘  ? what a coincidence because i wanted to see you too .” Wakasa smile when the girl turn around to look at him . instead of returning it as usual , this time her face didnt show any signs of emotions . what seems odd to Wakasa even more is when Yuriko requested to meet him in a dark alleyway where there’s only two or three sources of dim lights above them . “i miss you . you didnt call me for weeks . how are you ?”

       “how are YOU ?” she question back . “good”

         “then so am i . .”

         thunder roared along with the howling of the cold wind , threathening to rain . despite feeling relieve to see her again , Wakasa couldnt help the unsettling feeling inside his stomach . his guts are telling him there will be something wrong tonight , yet decided to push the negative thoughts away .

          “Imaushi Wakasa ,”

          Yuriko never call him by his full name .

         “what am i to you ?” her question stratle the man . his eyes stares deeply into hers ── as if searching for something , something he wished will happend after a long time . that something he wished is for Yuriko to return the same feeling as deeply and sincere as him .

          “my will to to live and the reason why i wake up everyday” he smile while looking at her with the same awe and adoration . he looks happy that it pains Yuriko even more than she already is .

          “... why me ?”

          “huh ?”

          “out of everyone and every girls you met , why fell in love with me ?” ’though her sight are now kinda blurry by the pool of tears , she manage to blink it away and hide her whimper by clearing her throat . “...my love , why are you asking me this kind of question ?”

          “answer me.”

          she is blunt with her words that it made various thoughts running through Wakasa’s mind . what did he do wrong ? what is she mad about ? did he ACCIDENTALLY talk to another girl last week ? yesterday ? today ?

         the sky released a sudden shower ── unbeknown to both of them , their mind simulateously recalling back all the countless moments when they dance and play under the rain together .

           swallowing his saliva hardly , he open his mouth to answer her question while not breaking the eyes contact . those eyes of his have proven how sincere his feeling every time and he would do that ONLY around Yuriko . “i didnt chose you , my heart does .”

            his voice is so gentle when he talk to her . God , she will miss this so much .

            she sniff and look away for while , trying to find the courage to went through this as quickly as possible . “you remember Terano South right ?”  “the one that got adopted by Youta ? i remember him .”