六十五 blood and water

STANDING THERE BEFORE TAKEMICHI IS the same person who had incited destruction all around the province for unknown reasons . she's alone at the moment since Takemichi notice there are no sights of neither Kokonoi nor the redhead dude around ─ so he snatched this lustrous opportunity to talk with his senior .

who soon will become his former comrade .

"i want to talk to you . . ." was all he managed to voice out . Yuriko gazes lingered at his form for a juncture of seconds before she replies with a cold "speak"

oddly enough , this time the atmosphere between them is dismal and closed to intense─ fuck that , the way Yuriko lacks responses , as well as her dearth of expression says it all . before speaking his heart out , Takemichi swallow the lump inside of his throat ─ he felt chills down his spine whenever his eyes met with Yuriko's .

"why are you doing this ? why would you let your underlings spurs damages ?" out of all the questions piling up inside his head , those two were the only ones he managed to inquire at the serious time .

". . . why dont we take a sit right here ? since you expected a full explanation from me ." of course , the time-leaper hesitate at first but part of him chose to agree . the duo sits across one another ── but the gap between them recites how different the situation is from when they both used to hang out together .

that was four years ago , when they're just a bunch of youngsters struggling to discover an even deeper meaning to life . now is completely different ── Takemichi is now a shrewd teenager and Yuriko right here , is a grown woman .

the way time flies frightens some part of him .

"for starters . . how are you , Takemichi ?" albeit the questions from earlier , Yuriko still act steady . Takemichi sniff , playing with the hem of his shirt anxiously . "good . ."

"with all the turmoil around , you still good ?" she raises an eyebrow while facing him . "how about your sanity ?"

this is one of the reasons why he despised having a deep conversation with Yuriko especially about his mental health ── the way she answers back will never sit right with him . it feels as if she knew every bit of his thoughts .

"anyways , what was you aski-"

"enough with the bullshits and just answer me- WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU ?" first time in forever , the thoughtful boy raises his voice towards the same person who he look up to as an elder sister . nonetheless , Yuriko remains composed .

". . . i dont even know what is happening with me . ."