Chapter 1: The Daughter

"Hello self,

Where to begin? I am going to Hogwarts today! It is all I have ever wanted to do is go to Hogwarts. But before we get to Hogwarts I need to tell you a little bit about me. My name is Lily Lupin. Or Lily Black but no one knows about the Black part. My dad is Sirius Black currently in prison for the murder of 12 muggles and Peter Petwgreiw. My dad was taken to Azkaban when I was one so I don't remember much of him. Since Sirius lived with Remus Lupin, Lupin raised me as a daughter. They told me mother was a muggle who died having me.

I could never go to Hogwarts because some could find out about my true parentage but Remus got a job there as a defense against the dark arts teacher so I get to go too. I am starting a little late because it is my 3 year but that won't slow me down. Remus has taught me so I am not behind in the slightest, maybe I am even ahead.

There is one thing I am worried about and that is that the sorting hat knows everything about you when it gets put on your head. Lupin says he has it under control. I trust him. I would trust Lupin with my life."

"Lils! It is time to go." Remus called.

"Coming Remus," I yelled, closing my diary and putting it into my bag. I took one last look at my little room that I had always lived in. I pulled my brown bag onto my shoulder and walked into the living room.

"Ready to go lils?" Remus asked me standing in the doorway with my trunk.

"Yeah, Lupin I am more than ready." I said giddy. It brought a smile to his scarred face.

Lupin is a werewolf. He had been attacked by a wolf named Greyback when he was a little kid. Once every month Lupin disappears. He does not come back until early in the morning once the moon is gone. I would stay up and give him food and tend to any injuries he might have.

As we pulled up to kings cross station I took a deep breath.

"You ok Lils?" He asked.

"I am great dad." I breathed.

"Ok. Daughter." He said jokingly. If this was going to work I had to be his daughter. I was his daughter in a way he raised me my whole life.

As we walked through the train station I saw no other kids with trunks.

"Why is no one else here?" I asked as we walked through the wall.

"I don't want to see anyone...from my past." He said. I knew what he ment. He did not want to see any parents who had gone to school with.

After putting my trunk up we walked onto the empty train.

"It is just like you told me." I said looking over the train.

"Yeah it is just as I remember it." He said, running his hand over the walls. "Come on, there is a compartment I want to sit in." he said, leading me. After a short wall we stopped at a place with glass doors. Lupin slid it open.

"Is this the compartment?" I asked, looking at him.

"Yes it is. Under the right seat you will find what you're looking for." He said sitting. I got down on my stomach and looked under the seat. I saw 4 initials carved in. "R.L. P.P S.B. J.P" I ran my fingers over.

"The marauders," I said standing up. Lupin gave a nod. The marauders were a friend group made up of Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Sirius Black, and James Potter. 2 of which were dead, one was in prison and one was free.

"Lily, sit I want someone to come sit with us but we have to pretend to be asleep." He said opening up his coat to let me lay my head on his shoulder. Once my head was on his shoulder he wrapped the coat around me. I knew who he wanted, he wanted Harry Potter.

It worked just like he wanted. Three people came in.

"Come on everywhere else is full." Said the girl.

"Who do you think that is?" One boy asked talking about me and Lupin

"Professor R.J Lupin and I am assuming that is his daughter Lily Lupin." Said the girl.

"Lily as in.." Said another boy who had to be Harry Potter.

"Yes, as in the same name as your mother. It must just be a coincidence." Said the girl. In Fact it was not a coincidence I was named after Harry's mother.

"Do you know everything? How is she know everything?" One asked.

"It's in there suitcase Ronald." Said the girl.

"Oh." said the one the girl called Ronald.

"Do you think they are really asleep?" Harry asked.

"Seems to be why?" The girl asked. If I was to guess I would say that that was Hermoine Granger. I kinda did a huge background search on each of them.

"I have got to tell you something." Harry said, closing the door.

"Ron, your dad told me Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban. He is coming after me.'' Harry said. I flinched at the sound of his name. It took me a second to realize what he had just said. My dad had broken out of Azkaban, the most guarded prison in the world.