Chapter 29: The Marauders

"What do you need, professor?" I asked.

"To talk to you." He said.

"Whatever you have to say you can say it to both of us. It's not like people stopped you before." I said.

Snape looked down.

"I would like to say I am sorry for what I did to you. It was unfair of me and not right to do as a professor. I did it to hurt you and your father. My grudge against you is not really against you but more about your father and the people he associated with." He said and I knew he meant the Marauders.

"I know. Thank you professor." I said and walked away.

"People he asspcoated with?" Geroge asked.

"Yeah my dad was part of a friend group called the Marauders. It had James, Remus, My dad and Peter." I said looking at him.

"Do you know if they made something called "The Marauders Map?" He asked me.

"Yes they did I think in their fifth year I believe." I said.

"No way." He stopped walking.

"What is it?" I asked, getting worried.

"Have you ever seen it?" George asked.

"No it was taken by Filch I think shortly after they made it." I said.

'What did it say at the top?" He asked.

"What's with all the questions?" I asked.

"Just answer them please." He said.

"I believe it says 'Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs are proud to present the marauders map." I said thinking back to what Lupin told me.

"Fred and I found the map in our first year! We gave it to Harry last year to sneak into Hogsmeade!" George said.

"So Harry has the map?" I asked.

"Yes he should." George said.

"Let's go!" I said running to the dorms. I saw Harry sitting in the common room with Ron.

"Harry, I need to talk to you." I said. He got up and walked over to me.

"What is it Lily?" He asked.

"Do you have something called 'The Marauders Map?" I asked.

"Yes, why?" He asked.

"Can I see it?" I asked.

"Why?" He questioned.

"Because if it's what I am thinking of our fathers made it." I said.

It took him a second but he finally got it.

"Come with me." He said and I followed him. We went into his dorm. I sat down on a bed and he went down to his trunk. He opened it and pulled out a piece of paper.

"Do you know how to-?" He started but stopped.

"Yes. I know everything." I said. He handed me the piece of paper. I took out my wand and put it on the paper.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." I said and the map appeared. I felt myself start to cry.

"Lily? Do you need a minute?" He asked.

"Yes please." I said looking at the map.

I had heard so much about this map. I knew everything.about the Marauders. I had heard about this but I have never seen it. My dad held this piece of paper at some point. My dad made this. I looked at it and cried.

"Lily?" A knock came.

"Yes." I said in a small voice.

The door opened and Harry walked in.

"Lily? How do you know about this map? And what do you mean our dad's made it?" He asked, sitting beside me.

"Do you really want to know?" I said.

"How much do you know?" He asked.

"I know a lot." I said. He gave a nod.

"Meet me in the common room in 15 minutes." I said. I put my wand to the map. "Mischief managed." I said and watched it all disappear.

I went to my dorm and got out of my dress and into a pair of leggings and a jumper. When I walked back downstairs Harry, Ron, Hermoine, George, and Fred were sitting by the fireplace.

"Wow, the whole audience." I said sitting in a chair.

"If you want they can go." Harry said and Ron looked annoyed.

"No, it's fine." I said. "Where do you want me to start?" I asked.

"At the beginning." Harry asked.

"Ok, Now I will say I know everything but I only know it from Remus' perspective. If you have any questions, stop me and I will try to answer them." I said and took a deep breath.

"So James and Sirius met on the train. It was not until later that day they met Remus and Peter. Remus and Peter met on the train as well. They quickly hit it off and became friends. Snape was a kid at that time too. So was your mother Harry. Snape and Lily had become friends on the train. Snape was very sad when he was sorted into Slytherin and Lily was put in gryffindor." I said.

"Wait, where they all in Gryffindor?" Fred asked.

"Yes, except for Snape who was in Slytherin. I don't know much about Snape and Lily's friendship but I know it did not end well and what happened between them is really not my story to tell." I said.

"Anyway Sirius, James, Reums and Peter became best friends fast. James always liked Lily and asked her out multiple times but she kept saying no. Anyway they figured it was weird how Remus left once a month. Needless to say they figured it out. Remus thought they would leave him the opposite. They tried to find a way to change with him. They researched until they finally found out about animagus. It took them 3 years to become one. Finally when they did they took names that matched hier animals. Lupin was moony for ovious reasons, Petter became a rat so he was wormtail. He became a rat in other ways too. Sirius became a black dog so padfoot then James became a stag so he was prongs." I said.

"Why does Snape hate you so much?" Hermoine asked.

"Snape hates me because of my dad. James and Sirius played horrible pranks on him. One Time my dad turned into his black dog form and walked to the Whomping willow. Snape followed but did not know what the tree did. He got too close and set it off. Harry, your dad saved him." I said.

"Do you have more?" Harry asked. I wondered if I should tell them about the order of the phoenix. I knew very little about it. Remus did not like to talk about it or the war. I think to him it symbolizes a dark time in his life. I choose not to bring it up to them.

"No." I said firmly.

"That's all you can give me?" Harry said, sounding a little annoyed.

"Yes, Harry, that's all I can give you because that's all I know." I said firmly.

"There is nothing else you can tell me?" He asked again.

"Believe me if I had more I would tell you." I said.

"She has given you more than you had before mate." Ron said.

"I know. I just wish I knew more." Harry said annoyed.

"I wish I knew more too." I said getting up.

"But can you find out more? I mean you could write to Lupin and ask him." Harrys said, sounding hopeful.

"No." I said. I heard some gasps.