Chapter 18: Saving Sirius

After explaining my family we sat in silence.

"Hermoine?" Harry asked.

"Yeah?" She said,

"Before, down by the lake when I was with Sirius I did see someone or someones and that someone made the dementors go away." Harry said.

"With a patronus. I heard Snape telling Dumbledore. According to him, Only a really powerful wizard could have conjured it." Hermoine said.

"It was my dad." Harry said smiling. "It was my dad who conjured the Patronus."

"Harry but your dad's...." Hermione started.

"Dead. I know." Harry said.

We sat in more silence.

"Here we come." Hermoine said standing up. I watched us walk out of the whomping willow.

"See Siruis talking to me and Lily there?" Harry asked. Hermione nodded.

"He is asking us to come live with him." Harry said.

"That's great." Hermoine smiled.

"When we free him, I'll never have to go back to the Dursleys'. It will just be me and him." Harry said.

"I will be there too, you know. He may be your godfather but he is my father." I said annoyed.

Harry said nothing.

"Well we could live in the country. Somewhere you can see the sky. I think he'll like that after all those years in Azkaban." Harry said.

We stopped talking as we watched Lupin become a werewolf. I cringed in pain. Seeing this Hermoine put a hand on my shoulder

"Let's go." Harry said, running towards the lake. We saw Harry throw a rock at Lupin.

Lupin went closer to him.

I let out a howl.

"Why did you do that?" Harry asked.

"Werewolves only respond to the call of their own." I said howling again. Lupin started running towards us.

"Great now he's coming for us." Harry said.

"Yeah, I didn't think about that. Run!" I said as we started running.

We ran and ended up on the other side of the lake. We watched as the dementors began to swoop down on the past us.

"This is horrible." Hermoine saide.

"Don't worry my dad will come. He'll conjure the Patronus." Harry said.

No one came. We watched as I casted the spell and so did Harry.

"Harry, no one is coming." I said.

"Don't worry, he will. He will come." Harry said.

"Harry no one is coming!" I said running to the edge of the lake. Harry followed.

"Expecto Patronum!" We both yelleed with all our might and a Stag and a bird came out of our wands and fought off the dementors.

"Harry, we can do this!" I yelled as I saw Harry getting weaker.

When all the dementors were gone we both stopped. We watched as Snape came and took our bodys.

"Lily? You can conjure a patronus?" Hermoine asked.

"Yes, my dad taught me how last year. He homeschooled me. He had to do a lot of work with the ministry so that I could use magic outside of Hogwarts but he did it." I said as we bowed to Buckbeak so he would let us get on and ride to where Sirius was being held.

It felt so freeing to ride on Buckbeak.

"You're right Hermione! It wasn't my dad I saw earlier. It was me!" He said.

"I helped you some too." I said annoyed.

"I saw myself and Lily conjuring the Patronus before." Harry said. "I knew I could do it this time because well, I had already done it. Does that make sense?" Harry asked.

"No." Hermoine said.

"Will you stop talking about yourself as if you are the only one who gets to be with Sirius? I helped you with the dementors. I helped you learn the spell! But you keep acting like it was all you!" I said.

No one said anything the rest of the way. When we finally landed by the cell we saw Sirius.

"Bombarda!" Hermoine said as the lock blew off.

"Get on!" I told Siruis as we all got on Buckbeak.