Chapter 59: Letter

George left shortly after Lupin gave me the letter. I walked up stairs to read them. I read the one not from my dad first. It had no return address, just my name and Lupin's house address. I flipped it over and looked at the wax seal. "DM" it said in shiny green wax. Is this who I think it's from? I opened the letter carefully.

"Dear Lily,

No one can know about this. No one, not my parents or Mr.Lupin. If anyone finds out about this it will not be good. This will be short. I wanted to say thank you. I never got to say it but thank you for trying to stop your boyfriend and his brother from beating me to a pulp on the quidditch field last year. Lastly, I wanted to say sorry. I heard about your dad. I never met him but I know the truth. I know he did not kill the Potters, Lily I want you to know how sorry I am. I too lost my dad recently to Azkaban. I know it is not the same thing but I feel some of what you feel. Anyway I must go. Don't write back even though you can guess where this came from.

Your cousin,

Draco"

I stared in disbelief. Draco wrote to me. He physically wrote to me. I knew he was kind of nice to me sometimes but I did not know that he liked me enough to write to me. I put that aside and picked up the one from my dad.

"After I am gone." It read. I braced myself and opened it.

"Oh my dear Lily,

I hope you don't read this one for a very long time. I hope you are done with schooling and married and have a child or two if that's what you want. I want you to be old and grey when you read this. If you are, that means I have got to see some of your life. I got to walk you down the aisle to George. I got to hold your baby just after it was born. I get to see your child go off to Hogwarts. I get to see your life. I hope it was a good life. I hope...I hope you were happy. I hope you were as happy as I was the day you were born. You were born and no joke you already had curly black hair. My life was complete after you were born. My only regret was not seeinging you from your 1st birthday up to your 13th. I missed 13 years of your life. My only chance to make up for it is right now. You are currently asleep upstairs while I am writing this. Sometimes when you are here I will just go look at you while you sleep peacefully. I will go and watch you breathe. I missed your breathing while I was in Azkaban. You sleep so peacefully you don't snore like Regulus did. He was a horrible snore. You could hear him through the walls. It was awful. I wanted to tell you before anyone else did. I left you Grimmauld place. It's your birthright. You're Black. A black should have it. I hope you don't live there like I did while in hidinging. I hope you have a beautiful house. I hope you have a wonderful life. I will end this note shortly. I want to go see you sleep. I know it's weird but it brings me peace. Last bit of the note. Not only have I left you Grimmauld place I have also left you all my money. Congratulations Lily, you are now one of the wealthiest people in the wizarding world. You are more wealthy than Harry Potter himself. Remus knows all the details. It would be awkward if he is dead before me than no one would know. I am kidding. I left the key to this vault and the number in the letter. Use it wisely Lily, I know you will but just some fatherly love. I love you Lily.

Love,

Your father

Sirius Black."

I ran my hand over his signature. I did not know it but I was crying. No, I was full on sobbing. This was the last from my dad. Well I bet there will be more but this is probably the last one he wrote.

"Lily what's wrong?" Remus said running in.

"My dad is dead. This is the last thing he ever wrote." I said holding up the letter

"I know Lily." He said running to give me a hug.

"He left me everything. He left me Grimmauld place and all of his money." I cried.

"I knew he would." Remus said. "Shh, you're ok this is not the last thing you will ever read of his. There are more letters for things."

"I want them now." I said.

"No, that was not the deal. You will get them when it is time for you to get them. Not a moment before." He said.