Chapter 40: Rescue

The torture continued for the next few days. She would alternate it so I had no idea what was coming next whether it was crucial or getting cut up by her dagger. I gave up trying to hold in the screams. I had to save my energy so that I would not let any of the Order secrets out. Narcissa came 3 hours after I had been put back in my cage and brought me water and a potion. After I would take the potion I would feel better so I took a guess to say it was a healing potion

While the potions helped I was still in so much pain I could not move. I felt like I was going insane little by little. This is what happened to the Longbottoms. They went through alot but I doubt they got sliced by a dagger.

"I don't think anyone is coming." I heard Lucius say to Narcissa and Bellatrix.

"They will come for her. Blacks take care of each other. It's what we do.." Narcissa said.

When Wormtail put me back into the cell I laid there like I did everytime. I only got water once a day from Narcissa but she never brought food. I knew that a person could go without food a lot more than without water. I began to lose hope.

As I layed in my cell I heard a lot of banging and yelling. I did not have the energy to sit up so I laid there. I heard running down the stairs and heard the door open. I saw a blurry figure coming towards me.

"Lily!" The voice yelled. It sounded like Lupin but it was so far off. The voice picked me up and carried me out of the cage. I let out a whimper as he touched the wounds on my back. I laid limp in what I thought to be Lupin's arms. When we got out of the cell and basement I heard more yelling. I turned my head to see the order fighting the Two Malfoys and Bellatrix and Wormtail.

"Sirius, I got her!" I heard Lupin yell.

"Get- her- out of here!" He yelled as he panted at the same time. I heard a click then we were at the Hogwarts gates.

"Help!" Lupin yelled at the top of his Lungs. "Help us!" He yelled. He pulled out his wand which was hard with me in his arms but then he sent a patronus. A few seconds later the gates opened and I heard a voice that sounded like Dumbledore and maybe McGonagall.

"Help her please." Lupin cried.

I passed out in Lupin's arms.

When I started to regain consciousness I heard Madame Pompfrey talking.

"She was severely dehydrated and rather thin which tells me she got little water and no food while she was there. Her body also shows marks of being hit with the Cruciatus curse a lot. Her mine seems mostly intact but I won't know till she wakes up. She will most likely have side effects from the curse being used so much on her. She may have other...damages that are yet to be seen. We don't know what happened to her there but just talking a guess it was not good." She said,

"So she will not be like the Longbottoms?" Lupin asked.

"No, they were tortured for a lot longer than Lily was, someone stopped Bellatrix from going too far. With how much she was tortured she should not be ok but for the most part it looks like she is." She said,

"Narcissa." I squeaked.

It got their attention and Lupin came right over. I looked around to see McGonagall and Dumbledore there.

"Shh Lily rest." Lupin said.

"Narcissa." I said again.

"Narcissa what?" McGonagall asked.

"She would make Bellatrix stop at a certain point. She would tell her to stop and she would stop. She would bring me water and healing potions." I said. My hand trembled. I looked at it and so did everyone else but they said nothing.

"So she helped you?" Dumbledore asked.

"Yes." I breathed.

"Shh Lily, rest now." Lupin said, rubbing my head.

"There's more." I whimpered. I sat up slightly with the help of Lupin. I lifted up part of my shirt showing the cuts. "She would alternate. Crucio, cutting, mind reading, Crucio, cutting, mind reading. She would cut the same spots. Narcissa would put ditany on it but it would not help fully." I said. I heard Lupin choke back a sob.

I was not fully asleep when I heard them talking.

"Sirius!" Lupin said a few seconds after the doors opened.

"Where is she? I need to see her." He said.

"Sirius, wait." Lupin said.

"What?" He said annoyed.

"There is more. She was starving. And tortured. From what Lily says Bellatrix would use the cruciatus curse on her and then-" Lupins voice broke off.