Chapter 65: Slug Club

The first Slug Club meeting was a dinner party of sorts. I walked down with Hermoine. Harry was being distant and I get that. We said some hurtful things to each other.

Dinner was fine. Professor Slughorn was going around the table asking questions.

"So tell me, Cormac, do you see anything of your Uncle Tiberius these days?" Slughorn asked.

"Yes, sir. In fact, I'm meant to go hunting with him and the Minister for magic over the holidays." Cormac responded.

"Well, be sure to give them both my best. What about your uncle, Belby? For those who don't know, marcus' uncle invented the Wolfsbane Potion. Is he working on anything new?" Slughhorn asked.

"Don't know. Him and Dad don't get on. Probably because my dad says potions are rubbish. Says the only potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day." He said while consuming his ice cream.

"What about you, Miss Granger? What does your family do in the Muggle world?" He asked.

"My parents are dentists." She said, No one responded, everyone looked confused. I took a sip of my water to keep from laughing. "They tend to people teeth." She clarified.

"Fascinating. And is that considered a dangerous profession?" he asked. I took another bite of ice cream to stop from laughing,

"No. Although, one boy, Robbie Renwick, did bite my father once." She said with a laugh. I could not help it. I let out a small laugh. Everyone looked at me.

"Sorry." I said.

"Did you know what dentists were Miss.Black?" He finally asked me. Just then Ginny walked in. She looked as if she had been crying. Harry stood up.

"Sorry I am not usually late." She said sitting.

"No matter. You're just in time for dessert. That is, if Belby left you any, Anyway back to the question Miss. Black." He said.

"Oh yes, I know of dentists, I know alot about the muggle world. Something people don't know is that while I was hidden from the magical world I was in the muggle world." I said.

"Oh? What do you mean?" Slughorn asked.

"Oh, well, I went to muggle school from ages 1 to 10. Then I got a letter from Hogwarts accepting me but Lupin would not let me go for my own safety. He taught me magic on his own." I said.

"Oh? Why would he not let you go?" He asked.

"He felt it was not safe. But when he got the position of Defence against the dark arts teacher in my 3rd year he took it and let me come to Hogwarts since he could keep me safe. Then once I made friends he felt I was safe enough to stay without him." I said.

"Well, what a great story. I am afraid it is rather late." Slughorn said.

"Goodbye." He said as I left the room.

"I did not know that much about you." A voice said. I turned to see someone I had not met before.

"Oh hello. I don't think we have met." I said.

"Oh yes, hello I am Blaise Zabini. I know you, Lily Black." he said.

"Ah my reputation." I laughed.

"Yes, but no. I know you from Draco. He talks about you sometimes. His great cousin." He laughed.

"He talks about me?" I asked.

"Yes. More than you would think." He said.

"Ah well, very nice meeting you. I am afraid this is my stop." I said as we were suddenly in front of the Gryffindor room entrance. I did not realize he walked me here.

"Yes I see, I have a quidditch game tomorrow would you like to go? We could hang out later after that." He said.

"I am grateful for your offer but I am afraid I have a boyfriend." I said.

"Yes I know, Mr.Weasley. I want nothing more than friendship." He smiled.

"Ok. I guess I will see you then." I said. Walking into the common room I felt off.

Blaise and I have both been at Hogwarts since my 3rd year and he has always been here. Why now want to be friends? He said something about Draco? Maybe this was Draco's way of keeping me close but not close enough to where I can get hurt.