Chapter 62: Classes

There was a new potions teacher. Professor Slughorn.

"Ah Mrs.Black!" He exclaimed as I came in.

"Hi?" I said questioningly

"Yes, I have a club called the Slug Club. I tried to get your father to be a part of it but he said he wanted not part in it. I was hoping that maybe you would like to be part of it. Siruis Blacks daughter, Niece of Regulus Black. So much potential he had. So sad he died so young. Did you ever met him?" He asked.

"Oh..no. I was a few months too late." I said.

"So would you like to be a part of the Slug Club?" He asked.

"Sure, what else do I have to lose?" I asked going to stand next to Hermoine.

The class started but Harry came through the door.

"Ah Harry my boy I was begging to worry, And you brought someone with us I see." Said Slughorn turning to Harry.

"Ron Weasly sir, But i'm dead awful at potions. A menace actually so i'm probably just going to-" Ron started.

"Nonsense! We'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Get your books out." Slughorn said.

"Sorry sir, I haven't actually got my book yet. And nor has Ron." Harry said.

"Don't worry, get you one from the shelf. Now as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any idea what they might be?" Slughorn asked

Hermione's hand shot up. "Yes, miss..?" Slughorn said.

"Granger, sir. That one there is Veritaserum. It's a truth-telling serum and This is Amortenia. The most powerful love potion in the world. It is rumoured to smell differently to each person, according to what attracts them. For example I smell freshly mowed grass and new parchment. And spearmint toothpaste." She said walking away.

"Did you smell Ron?" I asked. She nodded grimly. I laughed a little.

"It's not funny!" She said,

"Miss Black would you like to smell?" He asked.

"Sure." I said walking forward I knew who I would smell as I just did this a few weeks ago. "I smell something sweet like cotton candy and a musky smell as well as smokey."

"Ah yes, do you know who that is?" He asked.

"Yes I do." I smiled and walked back to Hermoine.

"George?" She asked.

"George." I laughed. I looked over at Draco who was looking at the ground.

"Sir you have not told us what's in that one." A girl said.

"Ah yes, this is a curious little potion known as Felix Felicis but it is more commonly referred to as." He started but was cut off by Hermoine and I.

"Liquid luck." We both said.

"Yes Miss Granger and Miss Black. Liquid luck. Desperately tricky to make, disastrous should you get it wrong. One sip and you will find that all of your endeavors succeed. At least until the effects wear off. So this is what I offer each of you today. One tiny vial of liquid luck to the student who, in the hour that remains, who manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Death. The recipes for which can be found on page 10 of your books. I should point out, however, only once did a student manage to brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. Nevertheless, good luck to you all. Let the brewing commence." He said I followed Hermoine to a table of 4 cauldrons.

We got to work. Mine looked like it was turning out ok. Harrys looked really good. Hermoine was getting frustrated that hers was not turning out good and Ron was stressing. 30 minutes later Slughorn came over to check out potions.

"Nearly correct Miss.Black." he said. Only half the leaf disappeared.

He went over to Harrys.

"Merlin's beard! It is perfect. So perfect I daresay one drop would kill us all." He said giving Harry the liquid luck.

"Hermione, your hair." I laughed.

"Oh shut it." She said,

"I am sorry, it's just really funny." I said.

She gave me an eye roll. Which made me laugh more. I saw people staring at me.

"Sorry, I laugh at the worst times." I said.