Chapter 7: The Fat Lady Attacked

A few days later was our first trip to Hogsmead! As I stood in line beside Hermoine, Professor

McGonagall started talking.

"Now remember these trips to Hogsmeade are a privilege. Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school, that privilege will not be extended again." McGonagall said.

"I am going to go ask her." Harry said walking up to McGonagall.

As the group started to walk off Harry returned to the group. "Forget about it guys see you later." He said walking back to the castle. I followed Ron and Hermoine as they followed after the group.

As we walked through the grounds of Hogsmeade We walked into multiple stops. Then returned to the school with lots of candy for Harry.

"Honeydukes sweet shop is amazing but nothing beats Zonko's joke shop. We did not get a chance to go to the shrieking shack though." Ron said.

"Maybe it is the best we did not." I said.

"Why? What is wrong with it?" Hermoine asked.

"It's just- We don't know what happened there." I said. Except I knew what happened there. When it was the full moon Lupin would go and transform there. As we kept walking up the stairs we saw people crowding around the fat lady portrait.

"What is going on?" One kid asked.

"Probably Neville has forgotten the password again." Ron said.

"Hey." Neville said.

"Oh, you're there." Ron said.

"Let me though, please, Excuse me! I'm head boy!" Cried a voice. "Get back all of you no one is to enter this dormitory until it's been searched." said the voice.

"The fat lady, she is gone." Ginny said, finding us in line.

"Servers her right. She was a terrible singer." Ron said As the crowd parted and I walked closer I saw the portrait.

"Oh my merlin!" I gasped as I looked at it. Claw marks, I knew instantly that my dad did this in his animagus form. I stumbled backwards and fell into George.

"Are you ok Lily?" He asked.

"I--I need to find my dad!" I yelled running down the stairs.

"Lily!" George said as I pushed through the people.

I ran through the castle to Lupin's room.

"Lupin!" I cried as I opened the door to his room to find him talking to Snape.

"Just a minute Lily." Lupin said, taking a potion from Snape.

"Yes, well it seems your daughter needs to have a word with you right away." Snape said in his Monotone voice.

"Don't be late to my class." Snape said as he walked by. Surprisingly I had been doing good in potions this year. As long as I did what he wanted my parents were not a problem.

Snape closed the door and I started to cry.

"He was giving me my full moon po-." He started. "Lily what's wrong?" He asked getting up to come to me.

"The fat lady! Her porterte was scratched! It looked like a big dog scratch. It was dad. I know it was. He is in the castle!" I cried.

"Lily, it is ok. He won't hurt you." Lupin said hugging me.

"You think I am afraid of him hurting me?" I asked pulling away.

"Yes." He said.

"I am not afraid of him hurting me! I am his daughter. He would never hurt me! I am crying because I want to see him so bad. I miss him so much that it hurts!" I cried.

"Sirius Black is your father?" George asked, standing in the doorway of Lupin's room.

"George-" I started but was cut off by Lupin pulling him into the room.

"I- How?" George asked.

I looked at Lupin.

"He has already heard it no point in denying it." He said sitting on his desk.

"Yes George. Sirius Black is my father." I said.

"But you call Professor Lupin dad.." he started.

"I am her father for the public. She would be in danger if people knew she was Siruis Blacks child. I do it to keep her safe." Lupin said.

"I understand wanting to keep her safe." George said.

"Yes, Please don't tell anyone George." I said.

"I won't. Your secret is safe with me." He said hugging me.

As I laid in my sleeping bag next to George in the great hall I heard whispering about the attack.

"Lily?" George whispered.

"Yes?" I whispered back.

"Do you think he would hurt you?" George asked.

"I don't believe so. I am his daughter after all." I said scooting closer to him.

"I want you to stay safe." He whispered, pulling me close.

"Thank you." I said, giving him a small kiss.

"It is strange how he got into the castle on his own." Snape said. "Any ideas of how that might have happened?" Snape asked.

"Many, each one as unlikely as the next." Dumbledor said.

"If I remember, I expressed concerns about the higher of Professor-" Snape started. I flinched I always knew that Snape hated Lupin. Stupid highschool riverly.

"Not a single professor inside this castle would help Sirius Black enter it. I'm quite convinced the castle is safe and I'm more than willing to send the students to their houses." Dumbledore said.

"What about Potter? Should he be warned?" Snape asked. I did not know if he was talking about the fact that my dad was his godfather or that Sirius was after him.

"Perhaps. But for now, let him sleep." Dumbeldore said. Part of me wished I would see my dad then part of me was worried about what he would think if he saw me. Would he be happy to see me? Would he give me a hug? I fell asleep a few feet away from George.