Chapter 70: The Poisoning Of Ron Weasley

Saying goodbye to George and Lupin was harder than it should have been. Hermoine was worried about how easy it was for the death eaters to get to Harry. Lavender and Ron were getting very cosy in a gross way. Potions was progressing nicely. I was getting a lot better at it.

I was reading a book when Hermoine came running in.

"Hurry! Ron's been poisoned. He is in the medical wing." Hermoine said. I quickly got up and ran after her. When we got there Ginny was sitting in a chair by his bed and Harry was standing beside him.

A few minutes later the headmaster, McGonagall, Sughorn and Snape walked in.

"Quick thinking on your part, Harry, using a bezoar. You must be very proud of you student, Horace." Dumbledore said.

"Hm? Oh, yes,very proud." Slughorn responded.

"I think we agree, Potter's actions were heroic. The question is, why were they necessary?" McGonagall asked.

"Why, indeed?" Dumbledore asked. "This appears to be a gift, Horace, Do you remember who gave you this bottle. Which, by the way, possesses remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry when not polluted with poison."

"Actually I had intended to give it as a gift myself. " Slughorn said.

"To whom, I might ask?" Dumbeldore said.

"To you, Headmaster." Slughorn answered no one responded.

"Where is he?" Lavender's voice cried. "Where's my Won-Won? Has he been asking for me?" She said, This girl is really desperate. "What's she doing here?" She asked Hermoine.

"I might ask you the same question." Hermoine said.

"I happen to be his girlfriend." Lavender said annoyed.

"I happen to be his...friend." Hermoine responded.

"Don't make me laugh. You haven't spoken in weeks. I supposed you want to make up now that he's all interesting." Lavender accused. I tried to hold back a laugh. It slipped a little. Everyone looked at me. I raised a hand as if to say sorry.

"He's been poisoned, you daft dimbo! And for the record I've always found him interesting." Hermoine said. Ron made a small sound.

"Ah. See? He senses my presence. Don't worry Won-Won. I'm here. I'm here." Lavender said.

"Uh...Hermione...Hermione...Hermione." He said. Lavender ran away crying.

"Oh, to be young, and to feel love's keen sting." Dumbledore said. I laughed and everyone looked at me again.

"Sorry I can't be in serious situations." I said laughing more.

"Just like your father." McGonagall said.

"Yes you are very like him." Dumbledore said.

"So I am told. I am gonna go. Let Ron have some space." I said leaving.