Chapter 45: Sorry

I looked at the food on my plate. I looked up at the professor's table to find almost every teacher was staring at me except one. A woman in all pink.

"Who is that?" I asked, motioning to the pink woman.

"Her name is Umbrige and she is here from the ministry. She is cold and mean and ruthless." Ron said.

"Like Snape." I said.

"Yes, exactly like Snape." Harry said.

"Lily you have to eat." Hermoine said.

"I know." I said, staring at it. I tried picking up the fork. It took a minute but it shook in my hand.

"You are getting better!" Ron said. I gave him a look.

"No I am not." I said putting it back down.

"Lily yes you are you were able to hold it longer this time without it shaking. That's great." Hermoine said.

"Lily?" a voice said, I turned to see someone who I never thought would talk to me let alone standing beside me.

"D-Draco?" I said scooting back some.

"What do you need, Malfoy?" Harry said.

"I need to talk to Lily. My cousin." He said his eyes were soft. I looked and out of the corner of my eye I saw the whole Gryffindor table looking at us.

"You can talk here." Ron said.

"I would like to talk in private if I could." Draco said.

"She is not going anywhere with you Malfoy." Hermoine said.

"Please? I promise I won't hurt you." He said. He had the same kindness in his eyes that Narcissa had.

"Ok." I said standing. A small gasp let out across the table. It got more people's attention.

I looked at the table at McGonagall who gave me a look. I turned away and followed Draco out of the great hall. I knew that everyone was staring at me but honestly I was used to it. It was just something that happened.

"What do you need Draco?" I asked.

"I wanted to say...I am sorry." Draco said. I never thought I would hear this from Draco Malfoy.

"Sorry?" I asked.

"For what my parents and aunt did," he said. "I had no idea that they would do that. It was my aunt's idea." He said.

"That's not surprising." I said.

"My mom wrote me a letter. She wanted me to ask you how you were doing. Stupid I know but she cares about you." Draco says.

"Tell her I am ok and trying." I said.

"Why did you do this? You could have not said anything." I said looking at him.

"I needed to apologize for what she did." He said.

"Black take care of Blacks." Draco said.

"That's true in some cases. Like you mom she took care of me. It is not true in other cases like how your aunt tortured me it just varies." I said.

"True." He said as the doors of the great hall busted open.

"Time is up Malfoy." George said, putting his arm around me lightly. I saw that he was followed by Fred.

"Thank you for letting me talk to Lily." Draco said walking back into the great hall.

"Draco?" I called just before he was fully into the great hall.

"Yes?" He said.

"Tell your mom thank you." I said and with a nod he walked back into the great hall.

George waited until he was back in and walked in with me. Less people looked at me.

"What did he want?" Said Hermoine as I sat down with Geroge beside me.

"To say sorry of all things." I said with a small laugh

"Never thought that day would come when Draco Malfoy would say sorry." Harry said.

"Hey guys, when is the next meeting?" Neville said.

"Tomorrow 8pm." Hermoine said.

"Meeting?" I asked.

Harry looked up at the table fast to make sure no one was looking.

"Umbridge does not teach DADA magic so we started a club where we train. You are welcome to be a part of it." Harry said.

"Totally." I said.

"Where do we meet?" I asked.

"Just follow us later." Ron said.