Chapter 36: The Order Of The Phoenix

The summer went fast. Too fast. The Weasleys would come over at least once a week if not more. They had Order meeting's in the kitchen. No kids were allowed in. I was surprised when Snape walked through the door. Meeting Tonks was nice. She was so sweet. I did notice her and Remus looking at each other alot. I thought that maybe they liked each other but when I brought it up to Lupin he quickly shut it down.

Half-Way through the summer Hermoine got there. Just in time for my birthday. My birthday was July 3. It was the best. It was the first birthday I had spent with my dad since I was born. Lupin and the Weasleys and Hermoine were there of course. I was sitting on my bed with Hermoine and Ron when I heard the door open. We looked over to see Harry walking in. Hermoine ran and gave him a hug.

"Oh Harry!" She said "Are you all right?" Harry nodded. "We overheard them talking about the Dementor attack. You must tell us everything."

"Let the man breathe Hermoine." Ron said.

"There is a hearing at the ministry. It's just outrageous, I have looked it up, they simply can't expel you..It's completely unfair." She said,

"Yeah There is a lot of that going around." Harry said. "So what is this place?"

"Its my dads childhood home. Also known as Number 12 Grimmauld place. Also known as the headquarters for the order of the Phoenix." I said from my spot on the bed.

"What's the order of the Phoenix?" Harry asked.

"It's a secret society. Dumbledore first formed it back when they originally fought you know who." Hermoine said.

"You could not put any of this into a letter I suppose." Harry said. "I have gone all summer without a scrap of news."

"We wanted to write, mate. Really we did" Ron said.

"Only Dumbledore made us swear not to tell you anything." Hermoine said.

"Dumbledore said that? But why would he want to keep me in the dark? Maybe I could help. After all, I am the one who saw Voldermort come back. I am the one who saw Cedric Diggary get killed." He said. A clicking sound stopped him. Fred and Geroge appeared.

"Though we heard your voice." Fred said, sitting down at my feet.

"Don't bottle it up though mate." George said, sitting down beside me and pulling me into his lap.

"Hi love." He said, kissing me.

"Hi." I said, laying my head on his shoulder.

"I see they are still together." Harry said.

"Yep. Their annoying kissing and being cute all over the house while I am over here lonely." Fred said.

"Anyway if you're done shouting and talking about me and my girlfriend." George said.

"Do you want to hear something a little more interesting?" Fred asked.

"Not again guys you know they said no more ears." I said laughing.

"We keep a few." Fred said.

"Why does that not surprise me?" I asked.

"Come on." Gerorge said, pulling me off his lap and taking my hand and walking to the stairs.

Fred pulled out an ear on a string and lowered it to the ground.

"He knows Voldermort is back. He is not a child Molly." We heard Siruis say.

"He is not an adult either. He is not James, Sirius" Molly said.

"He is not your son either, Molly." Siruis said.

"He is as good as." Molly said. "Who else has he got?"

"He has got me. And Lily." Sirius said. They looked at me. I gave a shrug.

"How Touchingly paternal Black maybe he will grow up to be a felon just like his godfather." Snape said.

"Stay out of this Snivellus." Sirius said.

"Snape's part of the order?" Harry asked.

Hermione's cat sneaked down the stairs and started trying to eat the ear.

"Crookshanks No!" Hermoine said but it was too late the cat ate the ear.

"Hermione, I hate your cat." Ron said.

"Bad Crookshanks." Hermoine said. The door opened and we all walked down stairs.

"Well we will be eating down in the kitchen." Molly came out and said. The twins appeared behind her and scared her.

"Ugh! Just because you can use magic outside of school does not mean you have too!" She yelled.

I pushed past Sirius and Harry hugging. Seeing my face Remus stopped me.

"He still loves you. He loves you so much." Remus said.

"Yeah but he loves Harry more it seems. I doubt he is hiding anything from Harry." I said walking past him.

"Hey Lily." Tonks said. I ignored her and sat down in my seat.

Sirius and Harry came in.

"Lily, why don't you let Harry sit there so he can be close and we can talk." Sirius said.

"Really?" I said annoyed.

"Yes Lily. Be polite." Sirius said.

"I got here first though. Plus I sit here every night." I said getting more annoyed.

"Yes I know but Harry has never been here before." Sirius said. "You're really being rude and acting like a Black right now." Siruis said. Everything stopped. There was no sound except for Crookshanks meowing.

I scooted my chair back. I saw on Sirius face he knew he messed up.

"Lily I-" he started but stopped when I held up my hand.

"If I am a Black maybe I should do another common Black move." I said.

"What?" Sirius said.

"Maybe I will go join the death eater just like the rest of the Blacks." I said I heard gasps. "I am sure they would love another member. Especially a Black. Then they would almost have us all." I said.

"Lily-" Lupin started but I cut him off.

"No, which arm should I take the dark mark on dad? Left or right?" I said holding up my arms. "Which one did good old cousin Bellatrix put it on? Oh! And what arm did Uncle Regulus take it on?" I said.

"Lily, that's enough." Sirius said.

"Oh no I am not done. Maybe when you guys win I will get sent to Azkaban. Who knows I may even get put in your cell. That would be a full circle moment right dad?" I said. There were no sounds. I turned on my heel and walked out the door.