Chapter 42

Shruti's POV

" That is rubbish !!! I don't even like her. She keeps coming to me, tries to be over-friendly. I have never even been on any date with her. " 

"  You are lying!! "

" Why would I?? You trust her more than you trust me?? "  He was getting angry.

" Is it?? Then tell me were you not talking to her just now and  you told her that you will come for dinner and then will discuss things and will come after breakfast?? "

" What??? " He looked shocked and then he started smiling like a fool.

" You are such a crackpot... Why do you always assume things? "  He laughed at me and said.

" What does that mean??? "

" I was not talking to Isha... "

" What ?? You mean you will have dinner and will stay till breakfast with another girl??  How could you?? At least be loyal to Isha. "

" Oh, God !!! Shut up, please...  Do you even know what you are saying? I was talking to Maurvi. "

" Maurvi ??  Don't lie now... How can you have dinner with her? "

"  Because she is in Chandigarh to stay with her parents before the wedding. So she called me to have food with them as I don't like outside food much. And her parents asked me to come. We were going to discuss some plans regarding the wedding. But you got jealous... Didn't you?? "

" No, I didn't get jealous... I was just proving my fact. You might have been talking to Maurvi now but I know that you are in a relationship with Isha. "

" That is not true... "

" I have proof. "

"  What proof?? Where did you get them from?? Show me!! "  He said.

" Isha came to me after that bet incident and told me to stay away from you. Silly girl... as if I was even going to look in your direction again. "

" What ?? What else did she say?? "

" She said, you both were dating and sent me the pictures of both of you together. "

" What nonsense !!! I never dated her. I never spent even 2 minutes alone with her. How can she send you our pictures together?? It is not possible !! "

" So, you are implying that I am lying?" I asked.

" No, but even I am not lying. " He replied.

" Ok, I will show you those pictures."

" You have them?? Show me !! " He said.

I was looking for them and finally found them. I got angry again after just a look at them.

He looked at the picture and was shocked at first and then he smiled.

What is so funny???

" These are doctored," he said.

" These are what?? "

" Fake !! Photoshopped !! "

" Of course, you would say that. "

" Look at this picture closely... You will find out. "  He said confidently.

" I have seen them. I don't need to... "

" Look at them minutely. See this face is mine but body is not. "  He said with a smile.

" What ?? "