42 || Caveman

Song: Sundress - A$AP Rocky (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Giana

I've never been so terrified yet intrigued by a person, until I met Yuna.

Which is why I had spent the morning following her around like an annoying shadow, as she walked around spitting orders that sounded a lot like insults at all the workers who were setting up.

Yuna was truly a force to be reckoned with. In a matter of minutes she had the hired staff and even some of the men scurrying around doing things for tonight's party. She was way too domineering and authoritative to only put her talents to use as Alessio's event planner, but I guess it was her calling.

But it also meant that I spent a good two hours following her around like a lost puppy trying to gather up every little intimidation tactic I could, so I could use it for myself.

She was my new role model.

But it seemed as though the feeling of adoration was not mutual seeing as she grew sick of my hovering and told me that if I didn't leave her alone she would treat me as one of her workers. That got me out of there in an instant.

It's not that I was lazy. I just didn't do work. I mean, I never had to so why start now?

Besides I had a lunch to attend. Granted I wasn't trilled at the idea of sitting in a room with Greta's family but it was for Alessio. And as much as I hated to admit it, I cared for him enough to do this.

I had briefly wondered why I wasn't informed of today's lunch and evening party sooner, but I couldn't be bothered to care for I was too preoccupied mentally preparing for the disaster that was Arnold and Greta in the same room.

To simply put it, Greta was an extension of her father. So if Greta was bad, Arnold was atrocious. The only rational people in that family were Ethan and possibly Alex- who was sent off to boarding school.

But I had to suck it up and put on a welcoming face for Alessio's sake. Today was apparently a big day for him, the lunch was to help convince Arnold that Greta and Alessio were in love and the party tonight, well, that I didn't know much about but I assumed it was important.

Luckily I was able to get my hands on a dress for tonight. My one of a kind vintage Versace dress had come in last night and although I had yet to see it, I knew it was going to be absolutely gorgeous.

Smiling to myself, I make my way down the hall in search for Alessio. It was nearly time for our lunch and I knew Arnold would be arriving soon. Fortunately I didn't have to search long because the second I heard yelling, I knew he was near.

Turning into the formal living room, I catch glimpse of Alessio seated on the end of the couch, spitting Italian curses into his phone. His jaw is tight and his posture is rigid as he sits up. I can't tell if it's due to how angry he is or simply because of his injury, but I move forward, blocking out his colourful choice of language to check on him.

My heeled sandals click against the tiled floors as he abruptly ends his call with a low growl. His angry eyes snap in my direction but upon realizing it's me they calm down for a moment and his eyes natural trail my outfit.

I was dressed in a white mini dress and a pair of heeled sandals. It was a simple outfit, fit for today's lunch.

I send Alessio a small smile despite my feelings from yesterday. I needed to stop letting him have such an effect on me. I was over it and needed to accept the fact that Alessio just wasn't going to be what I wanted.