Passive! Nightmare x overprotective! Reader

Requested by: @emeraldgaze21

Slight yandere warning-
(This is way too similar to the part 2 of passive!nightmare x reader but let's just say it has nothing to do with it)
Little bit of info:
-reader and noot are already friends;
-reader is StRoNg;
-reader is dAnGeRoUs;
-reader acts innocent most of the time
-and as always...she probably wants author to stop writing useless stuff;
————————————-
Nightmare POV
I watch from a far distance my brother, Dream freely talking to the villagers with a wide smile. He's over there having all the fun in the world while I'm here all lonely under my side of the tree. Thankfully, (Y/N) promised me she would come back as soon as possible after college was finished. I'm really glad to have her with me, if she wasn't there I would be lying in a hospital bed by now, although I don't think anybody would ever bother bringing me to a hospital. My dear friend said she would come back by sunset because of some project, meaning she had to stay a little bit after school so hopefully trouble won't come my way...

I jinxed it didn't I?

"Well, look at this! Your little girlfriend finally left you, hm?"
Said one of the three men who intimidatingly came up to me. I admit that I was blushing a bit when he assumed that (Y/N) was my girlfriend. I mean, someone as lovely and strong as her would never even dream of being with a monster such as me. Although I suppose now isn't the best time to be daydreaming.
"N-no, she has to w-work on a p-project"
I replied, stuttering in fear as my eyes landed on a bat.
"Well then I guess that means she won't be coming back for a while, right?" Said a fox-like monster with a smug smirk. I didn't answer I just watched as he swings the baseball bat back and forth with his hand. Oh god, please say he came back from a baseball game and that it's not for beating the crap out of me. The men saw my fear and chuckled mockingly at it.

Slowly the fox-man swung the bat behind him preparing to swing it towards me and I closed my eyes ready for the impact, but it never came. I slowly opened my eyes to see...(Y/N)? How did she come that fast? I really hope I don't put her in trouble.
"𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴?"
Came her voice, but it was cold and you could sense the venom lacing every single word that escaped her mouth as the tension around seemed to become way more dense than before. The gang of men seemed surprised on how the seemingly innocent girl suddenly sounded so deadly.
"W-well if you didn't know we were simply t-teaching your little friend here, a lesson. Why, got a problem with that?" The third one said, trying to not sound scared.
"Well it just so happens that I do..."

She tightens her grip on the bat and continues

"and if you don't disapear from out of my sight in the next few seconds I will 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗯𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆, 𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗻 𝘂𝗽, 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗮 𝘀𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗮𝘀 𝗮 𝘀𝗮𝘂𝗰𝗲, so I advise you to scram...okay?"
She finishes glaring creepily at the men dead in the eye. The look she held while threatening them was terrifying but at the end of the sentence her usual care-free innocent look returned as she made a closed-eye smile although considering her previous words it didn't seem as innocent looking.
Upon hearing her words the men fell into deep silence but proceeded to run away as fast as they possibly could.
"HAVE A SWELL NIGHT!" Yelled (Y/N) joyfully at the terrified men.
I looked up to her in awe and slight fear
"T-thank you, I-i'm truly glad to have you with me" I said still a little shocked of the previous events but truly grateful for saving me.
"Oh it was no biggie at all!" She replied with a smile gracing her lips.
It was odd though, since a minute ago she looked practically terrifying but in less than a second she turned back to the sweet innocent girl I know. Although, I have to admit... maybe she looked a l⃠o⃠t⃠ little hot?
I looked up at her with a lavender blush scanning her appearance. She was sitting next to me leaning on the tree with one leg brought to her chest as she looks up at the sky with a smile. Yes, I suppose she was always this beautiful. And me... why would she ever even want to be with someone like me?
"Why... why would you bother to save me?"
She perked up at this then turns her head to look at me straight in the eye, or eyelights.
"Why wouldn't I?" She answered, curious
"Have you not heard the rumours about me? I'm a monster, (Y/N), I spread negativity, I make people unhappy and I'll cause nothing but bad luck for you" I explained, looking down at my lap.

I felt shifting next to me and presuming it was (Y/N), I didn't bother looking. Just then a hand was placed on my cheekbone making me turn my head directly to the hand's owner, in other words, (Y/N).
"Never say that about yourself Nightmare. You are worth protecting and your very important to me so don't say that about yourself. Your precious to me and I simply don't like when someone harms or comes near you with a bad intention, because if they do... I'm not sure they'll ever make it out alive."

At this point her face was half an inch close to mine as she was looking the whole time in my eyelights. I couldn't help but let my face be engulfed with lavender, the cause being her proximity and her words. Although, a sudden feeling of uneasiness spread through my body as she said the last word. Hopefully she wasn't serious, right?

I could feel the sudden drowsiness engulf my body, it must be all from all the stress and rollercoaster of emotions I felt because of what had happened during the day. Before I knew it, I had already fallen asleep in (Y/N)'s warm embrace. (I know he doesn't need sleep but bear with me here-)

Reader POV

Aww, how absolutely adorable. He fell asleep on me.
"Don't worry, I'll protect you at any cost and those who cause harm will pay with their own blood because I don't like when people harm the one I love"
——————————-
I'm sorrrrrRRrYyYYy if I put too much yandere-
Or maybe too less?
Either way-
(;'༎ຶٹ༎ຶ')
How's life?

And yeeeeeeeee-
For once I didn't write more than 1500 words
༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ