Citizen dreamtale twins x Queen! Reader

you're in for a hell of a ride

the general plot was requested and given by emeraldgaze21 so I didn't come up  with the setup and other things myself.
So reader goes by she/her, and for context, this would take place when the incident with nm never happened and also in the future where Dream and Nm are still close and good brothers <33

It's going to take literal decades to finish this but it's fine bc I love it anywaysss

——————————————————————-
Seemingly standing alone in a flower field and away from all your woes, you sat among the variations of flowers in utter tranquility. It was a generally deserted part of the country, beyond the forest.

You had actually just discovered this place, and you really did enjoy it. You felt the freedom you've been yearning for so long. As a former princess, you followed the orders of your beloved father to not step beyond the castle grounds, so you hadn't felt what was to be the experience most children have, like playing around, running through a field of flowers, or things of such level.

Although now that your father has passed (to your greatest dismay) and you've been crowned queen, you are granted permission to do as you please, as long as it remains wise and calculated decisions.

You had been prepared for this the entirety of your life, having personally been trained by tradition.

From a near distance, you heard chatting and giggles as you opened your eyes to see the silhouette of two slender-figured people. You simply observed them from where you sat in interest. You could make out a few words, one of them not wanting to be picking flowers or showing little to no interest whilst the other was having a blast in the field, saying something along the lines of 'Flower picking is the best!'.

It went on for about 5 minutes and finally they got closer and closer. You could make out one dressed in a purple-themed outfit and the other in yellow with some blue.

One of them seemed cheery while the other was rather pessimistic and sarcastic. A nice duo. You also realized they were skeletons and still had a difficult time figuring out if they were male or female (keep in mind these are the old times).

Hell, even their age seemed unknown, but based on the purple-dressed one's maturity, maybe they were young adults but you could easily mistake them for children as well, that is if they were twins.

It wasn't long before they noticed you, the purple one had spotted you first before motioning you to his brother. The other brightened more if that's even possible.

He came running out with a big smile, dragging his brother along with him.
"Hii !! Woahh, you're even prettier from up close !" He almost seemed to be radiating with that bright smile of his, looking oh so kind.

You smiled sheepishly at the comment, flattered. There was something different in the way he said it than when it was coming from the mouth of people with different intent.

"Why thank you, you're pretty too." You smiled politely back, scanning the two in front of you subtly.
Well, you weren't lying, they were pretty.

These two must be from somewhere else- Somewhere pretty far away if they didn't even know who you were. You realized their clothes seemed rather different with their foreign symbols and bright colors in contrast to most of the neutral earth-toned clothes the citizens of this kingdom wear. On a side note, judging from their behavior, they're definitely not nobles or anything of slightly high status.

But it was fine, if you were to be the queen of this country, then you will treat all as your own.

The yellow-clad skeleton flushed a bit at the compliment, having not expected it. "Thank you!"