The Sorting Ceremony

While gazing upon the brass door a witch came to the front of the group.

"Hello students, I am Professor McGonagall. From here you will be sorted into your schoolhouses. The houses are Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and Slytherin. You will gain house points for achievements and loose points for any prohibited activities you decide to take part in. Now if you wait here, I will get the ceremony in order" she finished her speech and went through the brass doors quickly.

"Well, she seems like a ball of fun don't you think Fred?" Said George sarcastically.

"George, I was thinking the same thing," he said smirking.

"You two need to behave! You could get in serious trouble creating mischief here at school!" I said rather harshly.

"Oh, the little girl has much to learn George. I think teaching her a few of our tricks wouldn't be too terribly bad." Said Fred winking at me. I just rolled my eyes in response because we had no further time to discuss the matter due to McGonagall returning to the room.

"Now if you would all follow me, please." She said while walking into the most massive yet beautiful room I have ever been in. The ceiling was bewitched to look like the sky. In this case, it was a clear night and we saw all the stars perfectly.

The next thing that happened was completely insane. An old hat began to sing! It was telling us qualities of the houses and the founders of the school. Just like I read in all my books Gryffindor still sounded the best. Next thing I knew McGonagall started calling our names. Adams, Lucy was first. McGonagall placed the hat on her head. A few seconds later the hat announced GRYFFINDOR! An applause erupted from the table to my right. Next was Martin, Joseph. He was the first Hufflepuff. A few others were placed in Ravenclaw, but this one ugly looking girl was the first to be placed in Slytherin. Next thing I knew McGonagall called Fred's name. It took a mere 2 seconds for the hat to burst out with the word "GRYFFINDOR!" George followed Fred and was placed in Gryffindor as well.

Last was me. I was petrified, I had no idea where I was going to be placed! I sat down on the chair, and I felt the hat being placed on my head.
"Ah. Gretchen's daughter. Much like your mother you are. Clever, thought process is in line. But I detect a hint of your fathers' bravery. He was meant for Gryffindor that one. Now. Where to put you. Hm. Well let's put you in... GRYFFINDOR!"

Amazed and confused, at the same time I rushed to the table and sat next to George and Lucy. George must have known I was thinking about something, so he asked,

"What's wrong Beth? You looked shocked when the hat was talking to you. Did it say something?"

"No... I mean yes. But I can't tell you here." Peering ears were all around, I thought it best to tell my friends where no one could overhear. "Wait till later."

"Alright, sounds good. in the meantime, let's enjoy the feast." He said no more as he began to stuff his face.

Due to all my confusion, I was lost for words when I looked down at my plate and saw a mountain of food! My thoughts on the fact that my muggle father may not be my father at all due to the hat implying that my father had attended Hogwarts, meaning my father was a wizard escaped my mind. Instead, I enjoyed the feast and talked to the twins, Lucy, my new best friend, and Lee.

This will be one hell of a year. I thought to myself.