Leaving for Grandma's

A few days have passed and still no sign of Moe. The trip for an owl to make to Hogwarts is a day or two at most so Moe should be here within the next day or so. Unfortunately, and when I say unfortunately I mean thank Merlin, I won't be with my mother anymore. It's Christmas Eve and I'm packing my things late at night to travel to my grandmas. I check the clock and see it is already 11:43 pm. I yawn and continue on with my packing. I want to be out of this ruddy place as soon as possible.
I hear a knock at my door. "Come in." I say. I hear footsteps walk into my room and I turn around.
"Sorry dear. Didn't mean to scare you. Your mother just wanted me to grab her beautiful daughters trunk." Says mums boy toy Amycus.
"Oh. Just a second I'm almost done." I say hurrying to stuff my clothes into my trunk. The less time I have to spend with this creep the better. I'm clasping my trunk together as a cold hand rests on my shoulder. I turn around and Amycus is standing right behind me.
"Sorry lovely. Just wanted to see if you wanted any help." He says with a creepy smile.
"No... I'm done packing though. You can take my trunk." I say handing him the trunk. He leaves my room with my trunk and I hurry and grab Moe's cage and slide on Fred's sweater.
I hustle down the stairs and see my mum waiting for me. "Oh my sweet Beth. Come give mummy a Christmas hug." She says waving her hands.
I set down my things and give her a hug.
"Well don't want to keep grandma up too late. I better head. Where is my trunk?" I ask.
"I disapperated it to her house already. She's waiting for you now. You will have to travel by Floo Powder though. That's alright dear, yes?" Says my mum.
"Yeah. Perfect. Merry Christmas mum." I say climbing into the chimney with Moe's cage.
"Oh wait! I sent your present over with your trunk! It's nothing too special. Sorry. I didn't have time to do any shopping." She says.
"That's fine thanks mum." I says looking at the ground only wanting to get out of here as soon as possible.
"I won't see you for a long time now. Work has me traveling all around. So sorry if I can't stay in contact." She says in a last effort to try and have a conversation with me. But instead of answering I smile and grab the Floo Powder and yell,
"GRANDMA'S!" With a great whoosh I slide into the floor of my grandmas living area covered in dust.
"Well. Merry Christmas to you too." Says grandma with a smile spreading across her face.
"Grandma! I say getting up and hugging her. "Oh no! I forgot I'm all dirty!"
She wipes off the dust from her apron and smiles. "What's a little dust going to do to an old gal like me?" She says now crying.
"Oh grandma! Don't cry! I'm sorry I'll clean it all up!" I say.
"Oh posh. The mess isn't what's making me cry! Look at you! Your hair! Your so tall and beautiful. Goodness it's a miracle your my granddaughter."
I smile at her and grab a broom from the closet and together we clean the ruddy mess from the fireplace. After we finish we make a steaming cup of hot cocoa and tell story's from the past few months.
"And she has a boyfriend. He's creepy as hell too. I don't know what's gotten into her grams." I says finished with the topic of mum.
"Well that's you mum. She moves on quicker than the roll of a die. Just ignore the creepy fella and he will not pay any attention to you."
I want to tell her about the encounter in my room my decide against it. It was probably nothing anyway.
"Oh! Here is your present grandma!" I say handing her a poorly wrapped package. "I got it on a trip to the village near Hogwarts one weekend!"
She opens the package and squeals on delight. "Bethany! You shouldn't have!" She says looking at the small pile of new "Witches Wonders" cookbooks I got her. "Here is yours!" She says sliding a package across the table to me. I open it to reveal a beautiful set of new quills and parchment. Under all this is a new book along with some of my favorite sweets.
"Grandma! The quill is beautiful! You shouldn't have! And this parchment! The sweets are wonderful too! Gosh it's great being home again." I say taking another big swig of hot cocoa.
"I'm glad you like being here! But I am going to drop some news on you. This July a friend and I are going to travel to Romania and Egypt. I'll be here the first part of the summer but, towards the end I'm going have to have you stay with a friend. What about Lucy? I can write the parents of course."
The news hits me hard and I try to think.
"Oh course if you don't want me to I won't go! I can stay and postpone the trip!" She says now looking worried.
"No no! No need to do that. I'll be spending half the summer with you anyway. Then Christmas. You need a break also. But not Lucy. She always travels during the summer. Could I stay with the Weasley's? They have a younger sister I could try and get along with! Molly is a sweet woman also.
"It's settled! I'll write her sometime once school starts and I'll let you know!" She smiles at me.
"Oh gosh I'm so tired! I'm going to go to bed! Look at the time too! It's nearly 4 am! Grandma I kept you up too late!"
"Nonsense! I love staying up talking to you! But yes go to bed. I'll make a great supper tomorrow, with your help of course, yes?"
"Wouldn't miss it for the world." I say hugging her. We then take our separate ways to our rooms. Once in mine I realize the window is open letting in a cold chill. I close it right to realize Moe is under a pile of blankets trying to warm up.
"You silly bird. Have the reply?" I ask him. He holds out his leg and I see a letter. I untie it, set Moe in his cage and set him near the warm furnace. I then open the letter and begin to read.

"Beth,
Is that woman not receiving your message of "stay away"?!? And the man. He sounds terrifying. I think I heard dad talk about him awhile back. He once was a follower of You-Know-Who, but claims he never was. Rubbish in dads opinion. I'd just keep your distance away from him as much as possible. If your mum tries and "kidnaps" you again tell us ASAP and we will steal you from her grasp. Anyway hope you have a Merry Christmas. Mum sent you a sweater and some fudge for you and your grandma. The firework type things are an invention of ours. We have been working on them the past few years. We are pretty sure this one works, but just be carful  when you set it off. We sent some sweets also I case it blows up in your face. Sorry if that happens. Also thanks for the prank books. We now know it's improper to prank a girl unless she is a git to you. Happy Christmas.
Love,
Fred and George."

I look at the package and open it carefully trying to avoid blowing up the whole thing. I see the firework and set it as far away from anything that can catch fire as possible. I smile and grab my new Weasley sweater. I put it on and lay back in bed falling into a restful sleep.