Gryffindor vs. Slytherin

The first day of classes were far worse than we thought they would be. We thought that with the amount of homework the teachers gave us over the break they would go easy on the first day back. WRONG. Every teacher gave us a essay to write by next week. Also, they are talking about our final exams. Granted first year they did the same thing, but they are going overboard this time. We get new information plus old information to review in class every day now. If anyone is taking this worse than Lee, who is talking not so nice things on the teachers all the time now, it's Fred. He tries studying but then gets caught up in conversation with someone, or just gives up. He hasn't been himself lately and it makes me kind of sad. Yeah he's my best friend and I want him to do good but if he won't study then what can I do?

It's a few weeks into the term now, 4 to be exact, but that's besides the point. It's Quidditch time. Tomorrow we have the first game of the new year against Slytherin. If we win this game we will in fist place for the Cup! Charlie has been crazy when it comes to practices. We have one in the early morning and on some days in the evening also.

"Alright guys. Today. Today is the day we beat Slytherin. Now I just want you all to go out there and play and fight. We have an amazing team and I love you all." says Charlie as a quick pep talk before the game. "Now. Lets go out there and show them who's boss."

We walked out onto the field and heard the usual cheer's and boo's from the surrounding crowd. And inn a few short seconds the game started. Slytherin had possession and scored within the first thirty seconds.

"Alicia!" I yelled trying to warn her if the incoming bludger, but it was too late it hit her in the ribs and she started falling to the ground. As she landed on the ground a whistle called for a time out. I flew over to where she was now laying at and heard Charlie and Oliver screaming.

"You can't be serious madam Hooch! He was aiming for her! It wasn't an accident!" Said Wood now red in the face.

"Precisely Oliver. He was aiming for her. That is Quidditch. Now let's resume game. Gryffindor will be down a player though. I suggest you keep your other team mates protected Wesleys." Said Madam Hooch as she stormed off the field.

"New plan. Stay to the outsides and low. No one needs to take another fall like Alicia." Said Charlie.

We all got into position as the whistle blew again and the game began again. We only lasted a few more minutes, but I don't remover anything because within the first 5 seconds a stupid brat from Slytherin aimed another bludger and hit me in the head.

A week later I was released from the hospital and started on all my makeup work. The teachers were not going easy. More essays and potion mixing were assigned and I had to spend some quality time with Snape. Yuck. I mad my way to the library where I always got more work done.

"How's the head treating you?"

I turned around to see Cedric smiling and running in my direction.

"Oh just fine. Still throbs here and there but I'm okay. How have you been, wait never-mind I'm assuming with your win the other day against Ravenclaw you are prefect." I said not trying to sound sarcastic but ended up sounding like it away way.

"Hey. I know you are mad about the game, but don't think too much about it. Everyone knows if Slytherin wasn't full of bloody idiots, you would have won!"

"I know, but every game I get knocked down and it really sucks. Not just because it's them, but I also love the game so much that I hate not playing. That, and I'm pretty sure Slytherin is going to win the Quidditch cup again this year. No offense to you."

"None taken. But away you want my potions notes? They may not be as good as what you would have done, but they are notes."

"YES! These are great! Thanks! I'll give them to you in Defense Against the Dark Arts tomorrow! But I really need to do some work now, so I'll talk to you later."

"Alright see ya Beth!" Said Cedric waking away.

Now almost caught up with my homework I realized the time was 11:34 and I needed to get to bed.

I walked into the common room to find Fred sitting by the fire reading a book. I quietly made my way upstairs and put my books away not wanting to disturb him. I changed into a pair of fuzzy socks, sweats, and a huge sweatshirt for bed. Before I crawled into bed though, I thought I should go check on Fred. I slowly closed the dorm door and tiptoed down the stairs. I went over to Fred and was about to say something, but looking at him closer I saw he was asleep. He fell asleep holding a book. What a dork. I chuckled to myself and grabbed the book and set it on the table. I then poked his side and he lazily lifted his head.

"Morning already?" He said yawning.

"No. It's about midnight. What are you doing out here?" I asked him.

"Oh, hey Beth. I was just freezing in my room so I thought I would come down here and read for awhile. Trying to study for the end of year final. Notice the word trying. I read about a page and got bored. But no one can say I didn't try."

I smiled and looked into his chocolate brown eyes. I looked a little too long because he started blushing which made me blush even worse.

"I should get to bed. Good thing we only have one more day this week right?" He said getting up.

"Yeah. Great." I said.

"You okay? You sound- I don't know... Sad maybe?"

"No, no, I'm fine. Just tired. I've been making up work for the past week now. It's been kinda hard staying on task. Anyway I should also head to bed." I got up off the floor and pushed past Fred. And before opening the girls door I said, "Goodnight Freddie."

Not waiting for a response I opened and closed the door and climbed into bed not wanting to take a deeper look into the emotions I was feeling a few seconds ago.