The Apology (Fred's P.O.V.)

After the encounter I had with Beth, we finished our shopping and went back to the Burrow. From here George and I finished our chores and decided to do a little pranking.
"Alright George. You go distract Percy and I will go grab his badge." I say.
"You know it." said George with a mischievous smile. "Let's do this.... Oi! Percy!"
A few minutes later Percy came down the stairs. "What do you want George? I happen to be very busy at the moment."
"Aha dear brother, too busy for a brother to brother chat? Let's go take a seat in the living room." Said George pulling Percy into the living room.
Alright. It's my turn now. I sneak up to Percy's room and look around for his badge. Why is his room so clean? Ah there it is. Oh course a bottle of polish is next to it. Typical Perfect Percy. I pie a hex on the badge that now reads, "Perfect at Nothing" and run out of his room and dive into mine.
A few minutes later George comes into our room and asks, "so did it work? What does it say?"
I smile at my brother and say, "Perfect at Nothing. I didn't have a whole lot of time to think and I was afraid Percy would come tumbling in any moment!"
George laughs. "Prefect at nothing. Fits him well. Anyway. We should go to bed it's already 11 o'clock. Night Fred."
"Night George." I say back. I pull of my shirt and pants, leaving my socks and boxers on, and climb into bed. I toss and turn for hours and finally get up to get a drink around 4 am. I climb down the stairs carefully and fill a glass with water. I chug the glass and think about what happened today. I wonder if Beth is angry at me, I have been a complete arse to her the past few months. It's only because I'm jealous. I think I love her, but I could never tell it to her face. I'm too scared. Just as I am setting the glass of water down I hear a tapping on the window and see a familiar owl.
"Why hello, Moe. What bring s you here so early." I pull the letter off of his leg and carry him over to our house owls cage. Errol. A pathetic excuse for an owl if you ask me, but he still manages to get the job done somehow. I take the letter and look to see who it is addressed to. Then I realize I know this handwriting. It's Beth's! It's addressed to George and I don't want to open the letter, but I want to see what is inside. So I decide to run upstairs shut our bedroom door and wake George up.
"George! George! Wake up you prat!" I say.
He tosses and turns for a moment and moans. "Fred wh- *yawn* -at do you want?" He says looking at me. Well somewhat looking at me.
"George Beth just wrote to you! It must be important, because it is 5 am and she is writing. Open it!" I say almost yelling at him.
"Alright alright. But I am not going to show you. It is addressed to me and you haven't talked to her yet. And no the encounter today- I mean yesterday- doesn't count. Write her and see if she tells you. As for me I am going to fall back asleep. If this letter is OOoo- *yawn* opened in the morning. You will have some serious consequences." He rolls back around and falls asleep, snoring.
I want to open the letter, but instead I decide to listen to George and write Beth.

"Dear Beth,
I would like to apologize for how I have been acting the past few months. I'm just a jealous git. I guess I didn't like the fact Oliver was taking away my best friend. And no I don't mean George. I am really happy for you two and wish the best. Also I hope you can forgive me.
Your (hopefully still) friend,
Freddie.

By the way. George will open the letter as soon as he wakes. I just was up and saw you letter to him and decided to write you. Hope you are well."

I quietly walk back downstairs and tie the letter back to Moe's leg. "Alright little guy. Hope you make it back." I say to him releasing him out the window. I return back upstairs and fall asleep as soon as my head reaches the pillow.