An End to a Stressful Year-A Beginning to an Even More Stressful Summer

I run out of the library with the newspaper still firm in my grip. I navigate my way though the hallways and I end up in McGonagalls office.

"Bethany, it is so late, what are you doing up?" she says startled by my apperarance.

"I have just found out something. Something-something awful." I say choking on my words.

"My dear," she walks around her desk, I now notice that she has her hair down rather than in her usual bun. She must have been on her way to rest. "whatever is the matter?"

"My mother, she has been acting strange for months and I didn't know if it was because of my fathers sudden and recent passing, but I know now this is not the case. My mother, left me with my Grandmother the past few years, while she had her job at the Minstry to worry about, I didn't think too much of it until my grandmother went missing for a few months, she returned after awhile, but she wasn't the same. Again, I didn't think much of this, but today I went to the library to look up my mothers O.W.L. score in the Daily Prophet from years ago, and found that her mother that has been watching me over the past few years-isn't her mother. Her mother passed away years before I was born. I've been living with a woman by the name of Francis, she isn't my grandmother-I have no idea who she is. Also-this is hard for me to say-my mother has, well an easy way to explain this is that she has a boyfriend, who is really creepy and has said some strange and almost sexual things to me or about me. His name is Amycus Carrow. Please help me, I can-cannot go back there." I begin to cry. McGonagall quickly comes over to me and embraces me. This is the closest I have been to feeling loved like a child in a long time.

"Miss Violet, I hate to rush you especially with all you are going through, but right now I think we need to talk to Dumbledore about all this-he will know what to do. In the mean time-the summer is approaching fast-and I am not allowing you to go back with this woman until I know personally who she is, and why she is pretending to be your grandmother, is there any friend of yours whos family would welcome you into their home?"

"Molly Weasley. She let me stay last summer-I would feel safest there." I say, but then I think of Fred. Will her be okay with me their-no no you need to worry about yourself Bethany.

"I'll send an owl right away, ah we are at the Headmasters office, LEMON DROP , and the Griffin statue that is before me suddenly turns into a staircase. We climb up the stairs together and I tell Dumbledore the story I just told McGonagall. He sits in his chair for some time.

"Bethany-I hate to ask, but when this Carrow man was talking to you did he seem, more involved in dark and questionable things?"

"Yes, he was always saying things to just my mother, but when I was near he would stop talking about whatever it was they were discussing... I had a feeling that whatever it was they were discussing it wasn't good."

"Amycus... where have I heard that name, age, what was his age Bethany."

"Late 40s I would say, but fit for the age." I say remembering that just by the look of him I was intimidated by him.

"Carrow... Released from Azkaban 2 years ago. Bethany this is important-when did your mother start acting this way."

"As soon as this man was in the picture, when I started staying with my grandmother. Do you think he did something to her?!" I say almost in a yell.

"Your mother may be doing this on her own, but there is a chance she is under the imperious curse, I'm sure you have learned about this by now." I nod. "Very popular years ago, from Death Eaters, Voldemort's followers. He was thought to be one, but there wasn't enough proof, so they released him from prison. This will take time to sort out, and the Ministry needs to stay out of it-this is important Bethany, the Ministry is becoming corrupt, nothing is being taken lightly there I will handle this when the time is right, soon. For now stay with the Weasleys-when you get back from break I will fill you in about what I will learn this summer."