Fights, Tears and Hugs

Several weeks had passed and Fred and George have tried apologizing multiple times. I just casually ignore their voices and continue on with my work.
"Beth please! We didn't think you would be all that upset about it!" Says Fred.
"Yeah we only wanted to up our prank this year. As we can tell that didn't work out as we hoped but please Beth. Talk to us!" Says George.
I grab my bags from the common room table and walk out of the portrait hole and head for the library to find some quiet to study for my upcoming transfiguration final.

It's a day away from Christmas break and the Weasley clan plus Harry are staying here for the holidays. I have decided to go home and spend Christmas with my Grandmother. She and I write each other all the time and I absolutely couldn't think of a better way to start my holiday than with my grandma. I even told her about the stupid prank that Fred and George tried to pull on me and Ron. She told me boys will be boys sometimes, but I have no idea why that would consist of doing that to me!
But in other news she congratulated me on my place back onto the Quidditch team and told me to tell Harry a congrats also. We won our first match of the season with Harry almost swallowing the Snitch! It was a great laugh for the whole team for a few weeks. Unfortunately, I couldn't enjoy it as much as I could have because Fred and George are constantly bugging me durning practices about the stupid prank they tried to pull. I finally just decided to stay away from them as much as possible during practices.

I was wanting to just study for once but like at Quidditch practice the twins wouldn't leave me alone. I finally decided to grab my things and find some quiet. I made it to the library in record time and found an empty table to study at. Transfiguration has been getting more and more difficult and was they only exam we had left to do before break, unless you count the History of Magic one. (I don't because it is a pointless class.) I apparently aced my other classes with top marks in everything. Now all I needed was a top mark in Transfiguration and my Holiday would be made. I was just reviewing our previous lesson when someone sat next to me at the table. I looked up and immediately smiled.
"Hey Cedric! What have you been up to lately? Sorry I haven't talked to you all year. We only have Divination together this year and I can hardly stay awake in that class." I said trying to start a conversation with him.
"Eh. Don't worry about it. Sorry about you and Oliver. The whole school knows about it. I was wondering why you stopped sending mail to me towards the end of the summer. But I understand." He says with a apologetic smile.
"The whole school?!" I look at him surprised by that little piece of information and continue on. "Figures. We did kinda make a big scene in Diagon Alley. Oh well. Anyway what's new with you?"
"Well, as in sure you know I'm now the permanent seeker of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team and received news I aced my transfiguration final." He said with a smug a smile.
"Yes I did hear about Quidditch. And congrats on that! You really deserve that spot! But you aced the final? Oh my gosh you should help me study!! I have been freaking out like crazy for the past few weeks!"
"About Transfiguration? That's like the simplest class!"
"SIMPLE? What about turning a cat into a music box is simple?" I ask in awe. I always knew Ced was a top student in Transfiguration, but I didn't realize he was this good. "And when you say aced... How many did you miss?"
"One. I forgot the proper name of super complicated theory of..."
"ONE?! One question? Help me now!" I say shoving my book at him. He smiles and starts quizzing me on random things.
We do this for a few hours and finally I speak up. "Oh wow. It's already 11:47. I better let you go to sleep."
"Eh. I only have my divination final tomorrow. And let's face it you can bullshit your way through that one." He says with a blushing smile.
"That's what the whole class is like for me!" We both laugh and start picking up our things.
"So I uh, heard about your mum leaving you with your grandma. How is that going?" He asks suddenly.
"It's been going a LOT better than I thought it would be going. She isn't as scary as I pictured her. I just wish I could see my mum though. I do miss her sometimes."
"I understand. Especially with you dad gone. It must be really hard." He thinks about what he just said and realizes bringing up my dad may not have been the wisest choice. "Er- Beth I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have said anything about... Well I mean you know what I'm trying to say right. I'll just stop talking."
I look at him and start to feel the tears come. I haven't thought of my dad in awhile. It is just easier to push the though of him into the back of my head. I turn away to wipe the tears but he beats me to it. His hand cups my face and he pushes a tear out of my face with his thumb. He looks into my eyes and says,
"You, Bethany May Violet, are the strongest, most beautiful woman I have ever met." He pulls me into a hug and I let all the tears I have had built up for a long time flow out of me, because for the first time in awhile I know I am safe.