Valentines Day (George's P.O.V.)

"George.. are you sure this is a good idea? Following them? I mean... what if we get caught, or they start kissing or something. I don't know about you , but I don't want to see that."

"Beth... we will be fine. Just keep cool if they see us. We are wanting to make them jealous right? So if they see us, just get really close to me and pretend to be flirting. Don't look at me like that either."

"Like what?"

"Like that, when I said that if they see us you should move closer tou gave a look of... there it is again, am I that bad? I mean not trying to make this weird or anything, but I'm Fred in a different body."

"You are right, it-it's just that I haven't thought of Fred or you as more then brothers. Untill recently with Fred of course, it's just weird hearing you be so calm about this."

I put my hand on her shoulder,I know this is hard for her, just as it is for me, because she is right. I haven't thought of Beth as more of a sister, at least not for awhile. I did have a crush on her our first year, but I couldn't like her when she started hanging with Fred all the time. I decided to forget about her like that and let Fred have her. "Beth, it's just like a play! Its for pretend only."

"Okay, you are right let's do this." she says getting up from our place in the courtyard. We walk to the village, but on our way there she says something that bothers me. "George,"

"Hm?"

"I'm really worried about my Grandmother, Christmas wasn't like last year and I felt like I didn't belong there anymore. I had the same feeling there as I had with my mother, minus the pervert who-"

I stop in my tracks, "Beth, what are you talking about... What pervert? Is your mother seeing someone?" she nods her head, "Beth, how could you not say something? Did he hurt you?!"

"No-no more like scared me, he keeps showing up places and I don't know how he knows where I am at. Like one time I was alone at my grandmothers, a few summers back, and he was just there, he said some things about my mother and he told me my grandmother was lying about where she actually was. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it so I didn't tell you guys."

I take it all in. My best friend was worried and hurting and I didn't know. "Beth, I'm so sorry. I should have seen something was wrong, now that I think about it you were really on edge that summer. Hell, i'm the one who should be protecting you from this and here I am , not seeing anything." I step closer to her and wrap my arms around her. I start to hear sobs from her face that is buried in my chest and I hold her closer.

After awhile she pulls away and wipes her eyes, she has make-up running down her face so i tug on one of my sleeves and wipe away the mess. As I am doing this she starts to laugh, "George, does it look that bad?" she smiles at me.

"Not anymore, before you looked a little scary." I say winking at her. she punches my arm playfully and we enter the village. She continues telling me about how she doesn't like this guy and what he has done when she sees him. She also tells me about these strange dreams she has, the same one over and over again, Fred already knows about these and it doesn't surprise me. I listen and try to think of something to say.

"Well, with your Grandmother, I would just ask her what is really going on with her, if nothing is happening, then nothing is happening, i'm sure she will tell you if there really is a problem. And the dreams, they are probably nothing, but if they are really bugging you, talk to Dumbledore, he knows quite a bit about that stuff you know."

"I might actually do that, I have thought about it before, bbut i didn't think that he would want to be bothered with a young school-girls problem."

"Nah, he wouldn't mind, he cares about all the students here at Hogwarts, HoneyDukes?" I ask pointing at the store.

"Sure, let's go there. And okay, if I have the dream again i'll see him."

"See who?" says a voice behind me that I know all too well.

"Oh, no one of your concern... Fred."

"Oh, you said something about dreams though? Are you alright Beth?"

"I'm fine." she says as she take a step away from him closer to me. That's when I see her, Angelina. She looks stunning today, as usual. She looks my way and then smiles. I nod at her as to say 'hi', but i don't start conversation.

"Well, if you don't mind, Beth and I were on our way to get a Butter-Beer, so if you don't mind we will be on our way. Beth then links arms with me as on cue and we head out of the shop. I take a look back and see Fred, both with anger and regret spread across his face.

"Well I think that did the trick, did you see Fred?" Beth asks.

"Oh I sure did, little prat thinks that he can get away with everything, little does he know we have tricks up our sleeves also."

She starts laughing, I like her laugh, it's super loud, but she doesn't care, which makes it even better to hear. I smile to myself and think even if she never will be mine, I know that shecan always be my go-to person to cheer me up, she had that good vibe about her.

We continue on with our 'date' and head back to the castle.

"Well I don't know about you, but that was the best date I have ever had." she says.

"Well seeing it is the only date I have had, I don't have much to compare it too." I say chuckling.

"Well I have some studying to catch up on. I'll see you for breakfast tomorrow?"

"You know it!" I say back.

"Great, and thanks again for the awesome day. I was gald to spend some time with just us." she then almost jumps to do this, but leans in and kisses my cheek. "Night, George."

"Night, Beth." I say back.

"George?"

I turn around and see Fred. Great.

"Did she just kiss you?"

"Just on the cheek Fred, but don't worry she still is  in love with you, or wait maybe was until she saw you with another girl today. Oh wait, not just another girl, the girl that I have been talking to the past month. Really Fred?"

"I didn't think it was that big of a deal, i thought you and her had fight the other day anyway!"

"Yes, Fred we did. But that's what people do when they are trying to figure things out, they fight. You would know that if you didn't run away everytime you saw Beth with another  guy. Fight for her Fred. That's all she wants from you. To fight for her. Now if you don't mind, i'm going to bed." I walk up the stairs to our dorm. I then begin to write and apology note to Angelina, for what happened today> I am about finished  when I receive one from her saying the same thing I was about to say to her. I begin another letter and send both, explaining that we both had the same thoughts today.