Caught by Filch

When we got back to the common room I told Fred and George everything that happened while the hat was talking to me.

"I don't think my father is actually my father. The hat said he was meant for Gryffindor, but my dad is a muggle." I explained.

"Well over Christmas if you go home ask your mom about it. I'm sure she would listen and talk to you about it." Said George.

"Yeah." I know they were trying their best to comfort me, but it just wasn't working well. I just wanted to think to myself a bit more. "You are probably right. I'm going to go send her a letter. Dad too. Night guys."

"Night Beth!" They said in unison.

Weeks went by and everyone was adjusting well to our new life at Hogwarts. Everyone enjoyed the classes, me especially. I enjoyed charms and transfiguration the best. McGonagall even complimented me the other day for reading over the summer. Fred and George, on the other hand, had to be forced to study a few things from our lessons before they went off exploring the castle. I went with them sometimes, but I almost always chickened out when they went to go do a prank.

Little ones I would take part in, but sometimes they would do things like throw dungbombs in classrooms. I didn't want to deal with the consequences so I would hightail it back to the common room. But one night I was feeling a bit risky and joined them in their biggest prank ever.

"Guys are you sure about this?" I said quietly while walking down the corridor.

"No, but when are we ever sure of anything. Just follow us and you will be safe." Said Fred.

"Alright. Now Beth you go distract Mrs. Norris. We will go "break in" as you like to call it, into the classroom. From there Fred and I will do the damage." Said George.

"And by damage you mean setting loose a Cornish pixie." I said.

"Ah right you are Beth. Now everyone go!" Said Fred.

From here I went walking the halls looking for a rather annoying cat. I would love to kick her down the stairs but I would be spending the rest of my life in the dungeons because of Filch the caretaker. He, just like his cat is rather annoying. Suddenly I hear a "meow" from behind me. There she is I thought. I started running away from her as fast as I could. Luckily, I got her to follow me and went all the way down to the 1st floor where I met Filch with the twins.

"We sort of went into the wrong classroom." Said George.

"Grand." I said rather annoyed.

Great detention, this is going to be fun. So, we followed Filch to his office. It was small and smelt like old socks. He told us to stay still while he went to go get Professor McGonagall. So, it was Fred, George, and I left in his office. Fred and George were whispering to each other, and I was just sitting there not wanting to engage in further activity. Suddenly Fred got up and picked a lock on a nearby cabinet. Next thing I knew he was holding a piece of parchment and hid it in his robes. Filch came back with McGonagall and we got a weeks' worth of detentions. We were sent back to our common room. On the way there I yelled at them for what they did, "You guys were so foolish doing that! A weeks worth of detentions! Now we could get expelled for a stupid piece of parchment! What does it even say?"

"Nothing. That's the strange part. It's blank." Said Fred.

"Blank what do you mean blank? You stole blank parchment? What was the point of that? Oh, let me look at it." I took it from Fred's hand but instead of finding something written on the parchment it was completely blank it had flaps and folds, but nothing written on it. "Strange. It's probably invisible ink of something. Or it could take a spell to make the writing show up." I said.

"No way! I had no idea." Said George rather sarcastically.

Okay so he had a point. I was stating the obvious but it's still strange how writing is invisible. I'm starting to think it's dark magic. What if it can control us? McGonagall said something about objects being able to do that. I just hope that nothing bad comes from it. When I finished my thoughts on the parchment we arrived at the common room. "Well guys I had a big enough of an adventure for tonight."

"Beth we truly are sorry. We didn't want to get you in trouble." Said Fred.

"I know Fred. I know." I said.

He half smiled back at me, still feeling guilty, "well goodnight, Beth."

"Night Fred."