Term Resumes

"Fred! George! What are you guys doing here so early!?" I said rushing towards them with excitement.

"Oh, we thought we would come a few days early to cheer you up. How long have you been here?" Asked Fred.

"Just since Tuesday. I wanted to get a few assignments completed that I was having trouble with, and my mother was unable to take me any other day. But, it's totally fine it was nice being here alone having some quiet time. I meet another boy in our grade from Hufflepuff. Cedric Digory, do you two know him?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's not that bad. We sit near him in potions." Said Fred

"Yeah, not a bad fellow. He's a little full oh himself tho. I wouldn't be surprised to find a mirror in his bag at all times." George said while pretending to hold a mirror and look at himself in awe.

"Would you two stop it! He saved me from eating breakfast alone this morning. Anyway, now that we have some free time, what would you guys like to do?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Well, you see that fresh blanket of snow?" Said Fred.

I was right. I started to smile ear to ear. "Well Fred and I were thinking. A proper snowball fight would complete our Christmas season. So, lets meet back here in 10? That gives us some time to change." Said George.

"Sounds good guys." I said going up the stairs to the girl's dormitory.

I quickly put on heavy layers of clothing wanting to be as warm as possible and put a charm on my gloves, so they were water-proof. 10 minutes later I went back down to the common room and found Fred and George waiting for me and the three of us ran down the stairs into the freezing cold snow.

After what felt like hours of throwing snowballs at each other and making a pretty darn good snowman we headed back inside to change. I showered quickly and changed into a pair of leggings and a hoodie. I went down to the fire in the common room to find it completely empty. I sat by the fire to help dry my hair. Realizing that I was really craving some hot chocolate I remembered what a 7th year said to a select group of people last term.

"If you want anything to eat ever just find the painting of the fruit bowl and tickle the pear. It reveals a doorknob, and the kitchens are all yours."

Getting up and heading out of the common room I heard someone coming up from behind and turned to see who it was. "Beth wait up!" Said Fred.

"Oh hey Fred. Want to get some hot chocolate with me?" I said.

"I would be honored." He said with a bow.

"Oh please. Anyway, how was your break?" I asked.

"You know enjoyable, but I wanted to return here as soon as I could to see you... I mean hang out with you... I mean be here as soon as possible to see all my friends again." He was blushing slightly, and I started to giggle.

" Fred, you have such a way with words. But I felt the same way. I'm just glad I was able to talk to my mum." I said.

He looked directly at me and said, "Oh, yeah. The talk with your mum. How was that? And don't say fine because I know you were lying."
"It's just that it's... So much. So much to take in. I mean I love my parents, but I haven't even met my biological dad and my mum won't even let me see a picture. I just want to know who I am." I hadn't realized that I was tearing up. But Fred did what he always does best and grabbed me in his arms and just hugged me. I always felt safe in his hugs.

Slowly he released me and said, "well now that that's off your chest let's get our hot chocolate and walk back up. And Beth, I'm glad you told me what you were really feeling." He said while tickling the pear on the kitchen door.