An Awful Idea

"Beth,

For one... AHHHH! I cannot believe that you finally realized that you do like Fred! I mean I think everyone, BUT YOU knew about this! I'm happy for you Beth, I really am. I think that when we get back to Hogwarts from the holidays, you should just tell him how you feel.

Oh! Here is an idea, send him a letter saying that you need to talk about something as soon as you are alone from break! Then you two can talk all this out!!

But, I am happy to be hearing from you, we have lost touch recently and it is making me sad... It's my falut really. I spend so much time with Lee. I should spend some more time with you.

It's done! At least once a week we will be having girls night! AHH! So excited! Alright I need to go now, I'm at my aunties for a late Christmas gathering! See you in a few days on the train!

Love,

Lu.

P.S. I have read half of that muggle book... I'm in love! <3"

I set down the letter after reading it about a million times. Tell FRED?? Is she crazy or something!? I can't believe that I'm actually considering this as an option right now...

I pace around my room and finally decide to get some fresh air and go for a walk. I grab a coat and sneak my way downstairs, It's 4 a.m. right now, and I cannot wake my grandmother, she would have a fit if I was found outside at this time in the morning.

I walk out to the garden that is covered in snow and find one single flower that somehow has managed to stay alive through this horrid winter, perhaps my grandmother charmed it.

"Hey there little guy. I have no idea how you are doing this, but whatever you are doing keep doing it." I say to the flower. Somehow and for some reason this flower gives me the strength to make a final decision, also it is a lot more cold out here than I thought it was, so my thoughts are being rushed at the moment. "You know, if you can survive a cold winter, then I can tell Fred my feelings for him. In fact I'm going to send him a letter right now!"

I run up to my room, find the nearest pen and parchment and begin writing to Fred. I start off normal and then get to the point. I tell him at the end of the letter that as soon as we are alone next time at Hogwarts we need to talk about something important. I give the letter to Errol, who is still here recovering from the last trip and send him on his way. I have a feeling that things are going to get better this year...

As the break come to a close I find myself back on the Hogwarts Express, on my way back to school. In the usual compartment as usual, but this time there is an unexpected person riding along with us. Angelina Johnson, who just happens to be sitting next to Fred and keeps making googlie eyes at him.

Thankfully the trip was short, so I don't have to look at her any longer, but then she rides in out carriage to the castle AND sits IN MY usual spot next to Fred and George in the Great Hall! Okay.. now I am annoyed with this girl, so I sit next to George, who notices that I am not my usual happy self.

"You okay?" he asks.

"Will be when she leaves..." I say through my gritted feet.

"Tell me about it... Its annoying seeing the person you like with someone else."

"I know! It's like... wait." I look at George, then at Angelina. "You like her?!"

"SHH. Gosh, you sure are a loud one. But, yeah we have been talking all year, then suddenly over break she stopped. I was confused, but just thought that she was busy, nope.. just talking to Fred instead." He says.

"George... I'm so sorry, and here I thought my problem was bigger..."

"Why? What's your problem?"

So I tell George the whole story, trying to be as quiet as possible. How I now have realized my feelings for Fred, and now I know that he like me also, or at least did.

"This would be our luck, we tell someone how we feel, but then get it all mashed by the one we have feelings for. But, I have an idea... ah, never mind."

"No, George! Tell me!"

"I was going to say we should make them jealous, but then I realized what we would have to do for that to happen." his face turns bright red and I realize what he means.

"Oh, George. I thought about that too, but like you I didn't want to make anything awkward with our relationship. But, you know what we could do that would be nothing like that?"

"What's that?"

"What are you doing this Valentines Day? Its a long weekend, so we should hang together, nothing like dating or anything, but go around to the joke shop and grab a butter-beer together! That way they will see us with each other, that will make them mad if they really do like us."

"Great idea, plus if Fred asks, we are just hanging out! I don't want to make him mad."

"Oh, yeah I understand that. So its a non-date date then." I laugh at the stupidity of it, but it is a great idea to make Fred and Angelina (hopefully jealous).

"Non-date date it is. Plus I haven't hung out with just you in forever. Just like old times!" says George as he put his arm around my shoulder as we get up from the tables in the Great Hall. Fred looks over and does a double take at us, but then turns back to Angelina. I feel saddened that he might have moved on from me, when I was just realizing that I do want to be with him, but I just have to remind him why he liked me before, and that can spark with a little jealousy.

***************************************************************************************************

Authors Note-

I'm so so so sorry that this update took forever, I rewrote and changed this chapter like 200 times! I am happy with the end product, and I hope that you will be too! Also a shoutout to all of you who have been commenting and voting for the story!!
I hope to have the next chapter out by the end of the week, but at the latest by next Monday night!!

Also year 5 for the gang will be over by the next chapter, so the next thing to do is.... Tri-Wizard Tournament! I have been looking forward to this this whole book, so this next coming year might, probably, will be longer than the rest! Also I have been debating if I want to just skip a year and just do a time hop from their graduation to the war... or if I wanted to add anything from the Half-Blood Prince into the book.

SO if anyone has any suggestions either message me or comment your preference!! :) Thanks all!