Christmas at Hogwarts

I woke up the next day to sun shining through my window.
"And to believe it was snowing out yesterday." I mumbled as I got up out of bed to look for my watch. 10:27. Well I slept in today. So I decided I better get up and moving when I realized,
"It's Christmas!" I decided to hurry and get ready. I put a pair of skinny jeans on and my Weasly sweater I got last year. I put a dab of mascara on and decided to just put some cream in my hair to get rid of the frizz. My usual curls were now becoming waves and my hair was turning darker. Instead of my dirty blonde hair, it was now becoming more of a dark brown. I really didn't care but it bugged me that my roots were a different color from the rest of my hair. Once I had finished getting ready I slipped on a pair of comfy slippers and ran downstairs to the common room. There was a beautiful tree in there with decorations everywhere. And under the tree were mounds of presents addressed to the 6 of us left here at school. I gave Lee and Lucy their presents before they left. So they wouldn't be late this year while they left theirs here because they were traveling. I decided to wait for the rest of the gang to wake up, before opening presents, so I was about to head out the portrait when I heard someone coming down the stairs.
"Oh, hey Beth. Happy Christmas!"
"Hey Charlie. Happy Christmas! I was just going to get some hot chocolate for all of you guys want to join me?"
"Might as well. I'll just be sitting here otherwise."
We walked out of the portrait hole together and set off for the kitchens. Halfway there Charlie said,
"So.. You and Fred eh?"
I froze in my tracks. "What are you talking about?"
"Well I can tell he likes you. More than likes you I think even. Don't tell him I told you though. He Would deny it anyway."
"He told you this?" I asked now walking with him.
"Well no... But late last night all the guys came up to my dorm and we... We had some fun. Fred wanted us to go get you the whole time but, we all just wanted guy time. No offense."
"None taken."
"Good. But I can tell by the way he talks about you. He likes you. Maybe he doesn't even know it yet, but I know I do. He's a good guy Beth. Don't forget that."
Puzzled by what I was hearing I just nodded and continued walking. We gathered 6 mugs of hot chocolate from the kitchen and walked back up to the common room. We walked in and heard a huge roar of,
"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" Followed by explosions of fireworks.
"Hey guys! Here's some hot chocolate and Merry Christmas!"
Everyone was now awake and had a mug. We all cheered to a good rest of the year and talked while we finished the warm drink. Afterwards we decided to open presents. I grabbed one from my pile and saw my moms handwriting.
"Dearest Bethany,
I am afraid to say that you will be spending the summer with your grandmother. I know you have never met her, or even knew about her, but she is a nice lady. She is my mom and her name is Francis. She is a witch just like us. So don't worry about that. But she is very strict. Don't misbehave or try anything stupid. She is kind but don't get on her bad side.
I'm sorry to do this to you but I have to work with the ministry now. I hope to see you sometime during the summer. If not, Christmas for sure.
Love, Mum."
I couldn't believe it. She's abandoning me. Well she's not, but SHE IS. I threw the letter aside and just opened the present. Inside was our last family photo before my dad died. It wasn't like our usual photos though. It was moving. We are all smiling then you see me put my hands over my dads eyes and make a funny face. We are all laughing. I just stared at it for the longest time. Finally I felt tears on my face and I wiped them away.
"Is that your dad?"
I looked to my right and say Oliver sitting next to me.
"Yeah. That's him. And my mum."
"I'm sorry about your dad. I heard he died this past summer. He looks like a great father from this picture."
"Oh he was the best. I just feel like when I lost him. I lost my mom too." I grabbed the letter and showed it too him.
"Oh Beth. I'm really sorry. I don't even know what to say. This is... It's awful." He said and finished by giving me a side hug. "Hey. Forget about it for now. You still have us for 6 months!"
"Yeah. You are right. Thanks Oliver."
"Anytime." He said giving me that half smile that just makes your stomach flip. He got up to open the rest of his presents. I got my next one and saw it was from Lucy. It was a revealer, to make invisible ink appear. Along with a bright white pair of ear muffs. Next was Lees, he got me another book, Quidditch teams of Britain and Ireland. Making a mental reminder to thank them I opened the next present. It was from Mrs. Weasly. She knitted me another sweater. It was a bright red with a gold lion on it. She also included some homemade pies and snacks. Also wanting to thank her I wanted to send her a letter later as well. Oliver got me a few things of Berty Botts Every Flavored beans and some Sugar Quills.
"Thanks Oliver!" I yelled over the rustling of paper.
"Yeah. Thanks to you too!" He said holing up the book, Beating the Bludgers-A Study Of Defensive Strategies in Quidditch.
"You're welcome!"
"Oh yeah thanks Beth! These Pepper Imps will be great to use on my friends! Hope you like Pumpkin Pasties." Said Charlie.
"Yeah they are great! My favorite next to Bertys Beans!" I replied as I opened the small package from Charlie. I looked at my pile, which had shrunk tremendously, to see it had only two more gifts left. I looked at the first one to see it was from Fred and George. I opened it to see another picture. It was the three of us at the end of the year feast last year. I remember a girl coming by and telling us to smile. In the picture we were laughing and doing our usual goofing around.
"Guys! This is the best gift ever!" I said looking at Fred and George.
"Well I'm glad you like it." Said George. "You probably didn't notice, but the frame has a quote on it too. Fred picked it out."
I looked at the frame to see a quote in gold ink running around the picture.

"If you have good friends, no matter how much life is sucking, they can make you laugh."

"Guys. It's perfect." I said smiling at them.
"Glad you like it. We also are enjoying our Acid Pops and whatever this is." Said Fred holing up a bottle. I looked at him as to say "shut-up" because if Percy knew what I got them he would have a cow. So I got up and walked over quietly to the guys.
"This," I said graving the bottle from Fred's hand, "is invisible ink. I thought it would be useful to talk between our group of friends. I have a revealer so I can make the words appear. Just don't tell anyone about it. I brought it to the castle without anyone knowing."
"Ah. We taught her well." Said Fred patting my head.
"Oh please." I said grabbing his hand and pushing it away from me. "Anyway. How about exploring the castle tonight? I bet Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs wouldn't mind a little midnight stroll."
The smile on their face said everything. I knew at midnight we would be having some real fun.

-------------------------------------------
How is the story so far? Should I continue it? Should I add anything in? Please leave a comment!