Hufflepuff VS Gryffindor

It is finally October and our first Quidditch match is today. The team is already down by the fields and I'm running a little late due to a couple of Slytherins in the hall making fun of me and my broom. I know it's not the best but they don't have to do things like that. I tried not to let it bother me too much, but I still had a few tears on my face going down to the field. I was walking into changing area when I ran into Oliver.

"For the love of Merlin! There you are I was just going up to the castle to look for you. Wait. Why are you crying?" He asked.

"Oh no reason really. Just a few Slytherins being their usual selves." I said.

"Well don't let them make fun of you. Wait till they see you fly. I mean you are quite spectacular. Now, come on. The whole team is worried about you." He said grabbing my broom and leading me to the room.

"Beth!" Said the twins.

"Thank god you are alright! We were beginning to worry about you!" Said Fred running over to me.

"Eh, nothing to worry about boys she's a tough gal." Said Oliver winking at me. I smiled at him as a way of saying thanks for not telling them what happened.

"Yeah. I was just running late and got sidetracked. Sorry to make you guys worry." I said.

"ALRIGHT. Everyone ready?" Said Charlie.
"YEAH!" Replied everyone.

"Well, you all know what to do. Let's go beat some Hufflebutt! And chasers remember fly low if you can. Alright let's take our positions." Charlie said leading the team out to the field.

I looked up to see almost the whole school watching us enter the arena. I could hear a chant of "GO, GO GRYFFINDOR" coming from my left. I looked over that way and saw Lucy give me a thumbs up. I took my position on the field as my dear friend Lee announced,

"Welcome, welcome, to the first match of the season Hufflepuff verses GRYFFINDOR! The usual seeker for Hufflepuff is sitting this game out due to a broken arm so Cedric Diggory will be filling in."

I looked up to where the chasers were flying to see Cedric beaming down to me. I gave him a casual wink and mouthed, "good luck." He said the same back to me and as soon I looked back down Madam Hooch was telling everyone to have a clean game. She released the snitch and bludgers. She then grabbed the big red ball otherwise known as the quaffle. She then threw it up in the air and at the same time Lee said, "The Quaffle is released.... AND THE GAME BEGINS!"

I had only a few seconds to reach but I managed to get the quaffle and send it to Alicia who scored in no time. Hufflepuff now had the ball and I was going after their chaser, Garry who had the ball. I hit him hard, and the ball slipped from his grasp. Angelina zoomed by and caught it. I then went spearing the other way waiting for a pass. Finally, I was open and I got the pass. Now speeding through people, I made my way to the hoops and scored in the middle one.

"Gryffindor leads 20-0," said Lee through the intercom system.

I then noticed a bludger coming my way and avoided it just in time. Fred came flying passed me to say, "I'll get the little git that aimed for you."

I laughed thinking he was crazy, but soon got my head back into the game.
I scored another 30 points for Gryffindor within 10 minutes. I looked around to see if Charlie had seen the snitch and saw him flying towards the ground. Good he's seen something then! I turned back to my teammate Katie who had the ball and then tossed it to me. I then saw Angelina open and threw it her way. I went back to my position the hoops caught the ball and...

"She just moved!"

"Of course she moved dimwit. She's not dead!"

"That bludger to the back of the head though... That must have hurt!"

"No way. I thought she got knocked out for no reason. Of course it hurt!"

"Gosh guys. Do you all want to keep talking or tell me what the bloody hell happened?" I said now awake and trying to sit up. I opened my eyes to see the twins and Oliver around me in the hospital wing.

"Oh, thank god you are alright! We thought if you stayed out any longer-" said George being stopped by a punch in the side by Oliver.

"What he was trying to say is how do you feel Beth?" Said Oliver now coming closer to the side of my bed.

"I'm fine my head just is throbbing! What happened? And how long have I been here?" I asked.

"Well, you see the bloody git on the other team kept aiming for you because you are too bloody brilliant on the field." Said Fred making me blush. "Kim, you know one of the beaters, finally hit you. Unfortunately, it was in the head and you fell off your broom about 10 feet. You broke a couple bones, but Madam Pomfrey fixed you up almost immediately. You just had a huge lump on your head for a few days but it's a lot better now. I mean-"

"Okay enough about me what about the game? Did we win?" I asked.

"Oh yeah! We won! 230-30! Oliver was a beast out there! And Charlie finally shook off Cedric and caught the snitch! It was great!" Said George.

"Well, we couldn't have won without you Beth, I mean you scored 50 points!" Said Oliver.

"Well thanks!" I said now feeling the red rose in my cheeks again.

"Well we better leave you alone then. Don't want to get yelled at again. We will come by later though and check on you again!" Said Fred.

"Wait! How long have I been here?" I asked as they were heading to the door.

"Oh. Uh you have been unconscious for 12 days, but don't worry! I took notes in every class so you can have them!" Said Fred.

"What have you done with Fred Weasley?" I asked amazed that Fred actually took notes.

"Hey, I said I did it for you. Not going to happen once you are better and out of here!" He said a little flustered.

"Well thanks Fred. I'll make sure to never deny you help on homework again. Anyway, I think Madam Pomfery is coming. You guys better leave! And thanks again Fred! Bye George. See ya Charlie and Oliver!"

"Bye Beth." They all said now leaving the room.

Wow. I can't believe we won! And Fred! He took notes for me! I'll have to make it up to him somehow. Maybe I'll get him something special for Christmas.

"Ah! You are awake! Let's get you some medicine and check your head. Then you need rest!" Said Madam Pomfrey.

"Sounds good!" I said not in a mood to complain about anything. "Uh. I still can't believe Fred did that and that and Oliver said I was an amazing flyer!"

"What was that dear?" Asked Madam Pomfery.

Unaware I spoke aloud I just replied with, "Sorry! Talking to myself! It was nothing!" Oliver Wood said I was a spectacular flyer. Ugh. I'll die happy now.