The Forgotten Gift

Midnight was approaching and I went down to the common room. No one else was in there so I decided to take a seat by the fire. Once seated, I saw a present still under the tree. As I got up to get it, two figures appeared from the stairs.
"Hey Beth. Lovely night for a stroll, eh?" Said Fred.
"Oh lovely indeed. Well, shall we?"
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Said George.
I went over by the guys and saw that fall the teachers were in their offices except Snape.
"Okay. So let's stay away from the left wing on the 2nd floor for now. He seams to be just waking around over there. Let's try a couple floors above us.
"Sounds good, lead the way. I'll let you know if anyone is coming." Said George.
We all walked out of Gryffindor tower and made our way to the stair case. We slowly made our way to a deserted corridor, we looked around and saw a classroom on the right of us.
"Should we go in?" Asked Fred.
"George, anyone around here?" I asked.
"Nope. Doesn't look like anyone will be up here anytime soon. I say we go in." Said George. With that he walked up to the door and pulled the lever. The door squeezed as it opened. We walked in and saw an unused classroom with desks scattered everywhere. In the middle of the room a tall piece of furniture was turned facing away from us.
"What do you reckon it is?" I asked the guys.
"No bloody clue." They replied in unison.
We all walked up to the massive thing and faced towards it.
"It's a gigantic mirror! Hey! Has my hair been setting up straight like this for awhile?" Said Fred.
"Oh stop being such a girl." said George.
But while they were talking I was too speechless. I was standing by the mirror, but I wasn't the only one looking back. Fred and George went off looking at desks and such to see if they could find anything. So I knew they were not doing anything. I pressed my hands against the glass hoping to fall through it. On the other side, was my dad. He was just standing there laughing at Fred and George bickering, and then he looked and me. Tears started rolling down his eyes and he put a hand in my head. When he did this I was expecting something to touch my head, instead I felt nothing.
"Hey! Freddie! Do you see anything in the mirror?" I yelled across the room.
"Well let me look." He said while running across the room. George was right on his tail intreated in what I was talking about.
"Here stand right here, both of you." I positioned them right where I was standing hoping they would see something, anything.
"Uhm Beth what's this about?" Asked George.
"Just tell me if you see anything." I replied.
They stood there for awhile and finally said, "is this a joke?" They saw nothing. How could they see nothing, and I see my father? What is this mirror?
"Beth. Beth! BETH!! Hello?" Said Fred snapping his fingers in front of my face.
"What sorry. I was just thinking." I said realizing I was day dreaming.
"You myst be tired. It already 2 a.m. we better get some sleep. Let's go." Said Fred. And with that our adventure ended. We looked at the map to see if anyone was near and made a quick getaway to the common room.
"Night Beth." Said the boys.
"Night guys. I'll head up in a little bit. I just want to sit and think about something."
"Alright. Want one of us to wait with you?" Asked Fred.
"Sure. You can if you want to Fred." I said.
"Alright, I'll be up soon George. Don't wait up."
"Night Fred." Said George as he made his way up to the boys dorm.
"What's up Beth? Something bothering you?" Asked Fred sitting next to me on the couch.
"Yes. And no. It's just are you sure you saw nothing in the mirror?"
"Positive. Why? Did you see something." He asked with raised eyebrows.
"I don't know. I thought I did. But maybe I was just really tired and hallucinated. But. I saw my dad." I said.
Fred looked me long in the eyes and said, "it's because you miss him. I'm sure you are tired and really just want to be with family now but instead you are here. But maybe you did see him. I don't know what that mirror is capable of, but I suggest not going back. There was something creepy about that room. Promise you won't go back."
"Yes. I promise. And thanks Fred. I needed someone to talk to." I said and I gave him a quick hug and he said a finale goodnight and when to his room. I was getting up to go to bed when I remembered the gift under the tree. I went over and grabbed it to see who it was addressed to.
"To: Beth
From: Fred"
I took the gift to my room and opened it there. It was a small box and inside was a charm, shaped like a Quaffle and on it was my Quidditch number.
"Hope you like it. I personally think I'm more of a #1 type of guy but whatever, it fits you too.congrats on making the team.
Fred."
I added the charm to the bracket he got me last year for Christmas.
"Oh Fred. It's perfect." I said to myself quietly. I took off my shoes and laid in bed thinking about what I could do to thank Fred for being there for me. Because even if he doesn't know it, he's been there for me in my weakest times and I need a friend like that. And with that I fell into a deep sleep not waking until late morning.