Another Christmas Without Her (Fred's P.O.V.)

It was a few days after the trains left with everyone... but the Weasley's and Harry. Yes, there are other people her from other houses, but who cares. Fred and I have been messing with Percy this whole time, and things couldn't be be better.
Except I miss Beth. I'm glad we were able to sort out our differences about the stupid prank thing on Halloween, but I wish she would have come around earlier.
"George! Shall we sneak a few cakes from the kitchen as a treat for our fellow Gryffindors?" I say to my twin.
"Ah Fred I couldn't have said that any better. I'll grab the map." He says sprinting off to our dorm. A few seconds later he comes back with no map and a confused look on his face.
"What's wrong and where is the map?" I ask, probably looking just as confused as he does.
"Beth. She had it last. You gave her your sweater and map when she wanted to take that stupid walk at 2am a few weeks before Halloween. We hadn't needed it till now. So we never asked for it." George takes a seat on the chair, but I think of this as an adventure.
"Oh come now George. Let's have a little fun. With or without a map the Weasley Twins can avoid trouble with a quick snap of our fingers" I say pulling him off the couch.
"Fred if we get caught... This one is on you." Says George.
"All right. Fine with me." I say as we start making our way to the kitchen. "Hey George." I say.
"Yes Fred?"
"Do you think Beth likes me?"
"Of course she likes you. You dimwit."
"No. No. I mean. Do you think she likes me."
"Ohh. Likes you. Brother I wish I could tell you. I mean she did for awhile but then she dated that bastard, and she didn't talk to you for awhile. Her feelings might have changed."
"You knew she liked me and didn't say anything?" I say stopping in my tracks.
"Well yeah. I mean I am you brother but Beth is like a sister to me. I wouldn't go against her word just as I would go against yours." He says.
"I guess that's understandable. Plus I was a jerk for quite some time last year."
"Yes my dear brother you were." We laugh and wrap our arms around the others shoulders and laugh about all the stupid things I have done in the past year.
Once in the kitchens the house elves give us a few cakes that didn't turn out as presentable for at the feast on Christmas which was only a day away surprisingly. We thanked them and leave with our arms full of goodies.
"WHO WANTS CAKE?" I shout through the dorm. Ron and Harry who are sitting by the blazing fire reading a few library books, get up immediately and begin to stuff their faces.
"...'Fanks guys." Says Harry with a mouthful of cake.
"No problem little ones... all we ask for is a snowball fight in return." Says George.
"Deal." They say looking at each other smiling. In a way they remind me of George and I relationship. And with Hermione it's almost like they are copying George, Beth and I. I smile to myself and eat more cake.
"Hey Fred do you hear that?" Says George. We are now the only two up and we keep hearing a *tick* *tick* coming from somewhere. I listen and realize there is an owl at the window. I open it and let the bird in. I realize immediately that the owl is Moe and I look at his leg and see a letter. I untie it and rip it open. My mouth drops as I read the letter.
"George read this." I say shoving the letter in my brothers hands.
After a long pause of him reading the letter his mouth too falls open and he says,
"Her mum... But she's been gone for... A YEAR!" He says now becoming angry, just as I am.
We sit at the common room table and immediately write a letter back.
"I do hope everything is okay." I say to George.
George just shakes his head, and I know he is thinking the same thing as I am. I wish I could do something to help, but instead all we can do is write to her. We decide to send the letter in the morning to give Moe a long nights rest and time to recover from the day long trip. But all I really want to do is chuck that bird out of the window and send him on his way, but Beth doesn't need to worry about anything else, so I try to avoid the birds gaze.
Gosh I miss talking to her.