Harry Potter?

Fred and I take a seat next to each other and start talking. About everything that has been going on.
"Look Beth, I know I have been a complete arse the past couple of months and I know it may take some time for you to forgive me, but please at least talk to me. I read all the letters you sent me over the summer last night. I'm really sorry about your mum. I would say forget about her, but that would be too hard. Just focus on the good in your life right now."
I smile and try to think of something good in my life. Grandma of course, I also have Fred back and all my other friends, but something is still missing. I just don't know what.
"Oh Fred. I'm just glad we are talking again. It was awful not having my best friend to talk to all summer." I say grabbing his hand.
He pulls away. "Uh. I don't think you should do that. What if Oliver comes by. I mean I'm okay with him, but he might beat the crap out of me."
I start to feel hot. My hands start sweating and I can feel wetness on my cheeks.
"Wait, Beth why are you crying? Did I say something?" Fred asked.
"No! No! It isn't you Fred." I say sniffling inbetween words. "It's Oliver. After I ran into you at Diagon Alley I saw him snogging another girl. I shouldn't be too upset I mean all we ever did was talk. But it's still hard, because I really did like him."
Fred grabs my hand again, I look up at him and he wipes away my tears with one of his sleeves.
"Now would be a opportune time to tell you I was right, but instead I'm just going to say this. I know you will find someone better. Someone who treats you right. Why? Because you are an amazing girl and any guy would be lucky to have you. Now give me a hug and stop crying. I have a feeling the others will be here soon."
I wipe away my tears and take a few deep breaths.
"Okay. I'm better now." I say as I pull Fred into a hug. I rest my head on his shoulder and smell him. He smells like soap and... Well I think it's gun powder, but I'm not even going to ask. I just smile to myself and let go of Fred and say, "thanks Fred. I know I can always count on you."
He smiles at me and right as he is about to say something else George and the rest of the gang come walking into the compartment. Lee and Lucy are holding hands. At least some couples are working out better than others.
"Well my friends, the rumors are true!" Says George.
"What rumors?" I ask.
"Harry Potter! He's on the train! Scar and everything! Ron is sitting with him on the train. Lee and I just walked into his compartment, I guess Fred was there too but he walked away before we got some juicy information. Anyway did you know he lives with muggles? I can't believe it! And also..." Continued on George and Lee about how Harry is the most famous wizard ever.
"Just leave the kid alone. I know how hard it is losing parents, he doesn't need to be reminded of that on his first day." I want to say this out loud, but I'm afraid that if I start talking they will question me about Oliver. And I really don't want to talk about him.

As the train was coming to a stop we heard the usual "FIRST YEARS! COMIN' OVER 'ERE!" That was Hagrid, the Hogwarts game keeper. I avoided him my whole first year-mostly because he is big and I was kind of afraid of him. But last year when I got knocked out on the Quidditch field he carried me to the hospital wing. I went to his hut to thank him and had a very nice cup of tea with him. Hagrid is a "gentle giant" as I like to say.
"Hello Hagrid!"
"Why! 'Ello Beth! Third year already eh?" He said smiling.
"I know. I'm getting old fast." We laughed and waved goodbye.
We all then got into a carriage and made our way to the castle. Once there we headed to the feast and took a seat at the Gryffindor table. McGonagall was giving her speech about the new first years and to welcome them, but I already do that. It was the stupid Slytherins who don't.
Soon the new first years start walking in. This one girl with bushy hair is talking to another girl who looks like she wants to punch the other girl in the face. Ha! I can spot Ron already. His hair is vibrant red and looks a lot like his brothers. I see Harry walking next to him and give him a thumbs up. He smiles back but continues looking forward and a little scared.
The sorting hat began its yearly song. I listened carefully as the song is new and gives information out to the students every year. Once done McGonagall says,
"As I call your name you will step forward and I will place the sorting hat on your head. From there you will be sorted into your house. Your house will be like your family while you are here."
She calls several names and finally I see the bushy hair girl come to the stand. Herminone. Interesting name.
"GRYFFINDOR!" Says the hat. We all cheer and she takes a seat at the end of the table next to Percy.
More names are called I not paying attention though. Not until Harry is called. People start whispering and looking his way. Poor kid must be terrified! The hat is saying things to him, but I can't hear anything over the people talking. Finally the hat looks up and says,
"GRYFFINDOR!" I clap and whistle.
"Atta boy Harry! Glad to see you again! I says having his hand as he takes a seat next to me.
"Oh hello Beth. Good to see you also!"
We become silent again and wait for Ron to be sorted into a house. As the hat is placed on his head and low and behold the hat once again says for a Weasley,
"GRYFFINDOR!" Percy and the twins clap the loudest and I clap also.
We all become silent as Professor Dumbledore says,
"Tuck in!"
As he says this out plates fill with mounds of food and I look over to Harry who is amazed and looks like he has never see as much food as now in his life.
"Foods amazing. I stared at it for about 10 minutes also. But here is some advise. Just eat it."
He laughed and helped himself to a chicken leg and mashed potatoes.
I talked to the twins and discussed Lee behavior of the summer with Lucy.
"Oh please. I know we will be fine. Just because we were friends before doesn't mean if we break up we won't be friends still." Said Lucy.
"Alright... Whatever you say!" I say to her as I'm finishing my meal.

Once everyone is done we walk up to the common room and take a seat by the fire we talk for hours about the new forbidden corridor and how we are planing to break into the restricted section in the library this year. We laugh and share more stories from the summer.
"Well guys. We have class tomorrow. I'm off to bed." I say.
"Yeah same here." Say Lee. Lucy shakes her head in agreement.
"Us" says George
"Also." Finishes Fred.
We all laugh and make our way to bed. None of us know the adventures this year has in story for us.