The Summer of Horrors

It was now July, and my father was getting worse. We found out that he had brain cancer stage four, and it was impossible to cure. I have been visiting him every day in the hospital and talking to him for at least an hour. He was now so far into the cancer that he was unable to respond to anything.

The doctors were talking to my mother in the hall outside my dad's room.

"He only has a week. I would suggest making funeral arrangements now." One of them said. My mother was now crying hysterically. I just sat there looking at my dad who was asleep. I wanted to cry but the tears wouldn't come. I got up and ran out of the room. I didn't know where I was going, I just went. Before I knew it, I was at home in my room at my desk writing to the twins.

"Freddie and Georgie,

I'm lost. I don't know what to do. They say my father only has a week to live. I'm losing hope in him coming out of this alive.

Help me. I'm losing my mind.

With Love,
Beth"

I then sent the letter with Moe, who hooted and went on his way. I then looked at the mound of unopened letters from Lucy and Lee. I only opened a few from the twins that all said the same thing.

"Answer our letters. Please Beth. We are worried. Lee and Lucy are too.
F & G Weasley"

I wanted to scream. None of them knew what I was going through. That was partly my fault, but I didn't want to write it on paper. I am only now telling Fred and George because I need someone. I needed my friends.

A week later my dad passed away. I was alone and my mum tried talking sense into me saying he was in a better place. I didn't care though. Why did he have to die.