Chapter 46

Shruti's POV

We went to her place, it was so huge with lots of policemen guarding it.

Her parents welcomed me with open arms. I felt very comfortable around them.

After some time, Siddharth also came and he greeted uncle and aunty. They were really happy to see him. Aunty had prepared his favourite food and he smiled like an over-excited kid and hugged her.

They had to reach their Kul Devi temple first thing in the morning, to offer the first card of marriage to the Goddess to seek blessings for them.

So they left for the temple at night after dinner. Uncle told Siddharth to take care of us. He nodded and told them to rest assured and have a safe journey.

Once they were gone, three of us went to their big garden and there was a beautiful setting with big and comfortable garden chairs, table and a large 3 seater garden swing with cushioned seats and backrest.

Maurvi and I sat on that swing while Siddharth occupied a big comfortable garden recliner.

Three of us were talking about their coming marriage preparation.  And they told me some funny incidents as to how Bhaiya thought that Maurvi had a crush on someone else... And then when he was about to kill her sister's boyfriend as he was over-friendly and was asking her to get married soon.

It was all so funny that I was laughing like lunatics.  Then he started telling me something uncle assumed about her and her face became absolutely red.

" Siddharth !!! Stop right there. I swear, I will kill you. I hate Gautam, how can he tell that to such a tease like you?? "

" You know she didn't even look at bhai that day. Her face was like a tomato as he calls her. " Siddharth was saying.

" Siddharth !! Stop, please... Three of you are hopeless, I don't know how aunty deals with three of you. "

" You called dad as hopeless?? Let me call and tell him."

" I dare you to do that and If you do that, I will not help you with Shruti. "

" Hey, what is going on??? " I asked as it seemed that Maurvi was going to faint because of embarrassment.

" Ok, bhai's tomato,  let me tell her. Just her... Please. I will never talk about it again." He said to her and she nodded shyly.

Siddharth told me how uncle assumed things about her and the conversation was so funny that I burst out laughing. Both Siddharth's and I were still laughing. While she hid her face in her hands.

"  Oh God, uncle is really something. But he is so cool, it is so good to see such a friendly relationship between parents and kids. You have an amazing family, all of them are really good. "

" I know... And I am the best. " He said and we both rolled our eyes.

" What ?? Maurvi, who is your most favourite of the Jindal men ?? " He asked.

" Uncle !! "  She said without even thinking.  I smiled at that.

" What do you think, Shruti?? " He asked me.

" Undoubtedly, Uncle ! "

" The second one ?? " He asked looking at both of us.

" Gautam," Maurvi said with a smile. He looked at me.

" Bhaiya," I said.

" What?? At least you take my name, yaar !!! I can understand that she would take his name but you too??  " He said looking at me with a pout.