Chapter 1

Kayano Mayumi

"Yumi-sama, it is time for you to wake up for school," the servant knocked on the door.

The young girl was already up way before her awakened time. She was already dressed in the grey Razukan high school uniform. Her white hair glowed in the morning light and her red eyes shined like rubies.

"I'm already up and ready, Himari-san, thank you for checking on me," she thanked the servant, "Is breakfast ready?"

"Yes, your brother and father are already there."

The young girl joined breakfast with her brother and father. Where was her mother? She moved away for the time being. Her older sister? ..........she's gone.

Seeing the two empty seats of the long dining table stabbed an arrow in her chest. "Yumi-chan!" Her older brother, Taro, greeted her.

"Ohayou, otousan, nii-san," Yumi bowed. What ever she was just feeling was suppressed. The pain and sadness was no more.

"Tou-san and I were just talking about business." Ah yes, the Kayano enterprise. One of Japan's wealthiest and wisest investors. Owning many businesses and hold council seating and voting power in many others. "So, are you excited to be in high school?"

"Hai, I am very excited to see where you and nee-san went to high school."

"I heard you placed second in the entrance exams and got the vice president position," her father spoke. The mentioning of not being the best didn't bother her, for not every thing is perfect. Her mother and older sister, Tomo, also Taro's twin, taught her the beauty of imperfections.

The result of being second did not satisfy her father though. "Akashi's son, Seijūrō took that first place," he growled but remained calm, "It is alright, you did your best, and I am proud. Just......beat him next time."

Yumi chuckled seeing the competitiveness come out of her father. "I'll do my best, tou-san," she checked the time, "I should go now. There is a student council meeting before classes."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Thank you for gathering here on the first day of school," the student council president thanked everyone. He went though the upcoming plans and tasks.

Now, this wasn't the first time Yumi encountered the red head, Akashi Seijūrō. They have met in many events when their families would attend the same formal business parties.

Although....... she noticed the heterochromia in his eyes. His left eye was more orange than she remembered. Yumi swore he didn't have those eyes the last time she saw him.

Once the meeting ended, everyone packed their stuff to go to their first class. "Mayumi," he called her first name.

The address surprised her. Already with the familiarity? "Hai?" Yumi replied to the student council president.

"Join the boys basketball club as a manager," he ordered, "The current manager will be graduating and the team will need one. From what I understand, you have perfect aiming. Knowing you learned basketball from your older brother and had experience playing the sport, your qualities are best suited for the position."

Now this.....this is a side Yumi has never seen before. She only knew the formal son of the Akashi's. She was displeased with assumed superiority he eatablished. "My apologizes, Akashi. Please understand that I plan to focus in contributing to the family business instead of other activities."

It was true that Mayumi excelled in activities such as archery and kyūdō publicly showcasing her aim. It was also showcased in basketball, a sport her brother mainly played. He taught her how to play basketball, as his twin sister was busy in being groomed to be the heir of the business.